29%
G36C (Special Forces Kit)
14%
PKM (Support Kit)
14%

Total votes : 7

First weapon unlock

Postby roadrunner » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:02 am

So what will it be? I choose the PKM mostly because I like the way it sounds. Here a chance for you to vote and talk up your favorite.

Along with that I found a table regarding the damage per weapon. Not sure how accurate so take it for what it is worth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by roadrunner on Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:13 pm

In the real world, I also would chose the PKM. As I prefer the Support package over the sniper set up. Snipers are for individuals (NTPMFs). But I had to go with the .50 Cal Sniper rifle. One day I had the opportunity to use one because a sniper carrying one died in front of me and I picked it up. it is sweet and hits the mark every time. Accurate and lethal.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:46 pm

I chose the DAO last time, nut I seem to have a knack for the assault package so I think I'll try that this time. In RL I would probably go with the PKM too, I just love laying out suppressive fire. [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif]
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:52 pm

So far I like the PKM (again mostly because of the sound it makes) but I would say that it is about equal with the SAW. For what ever reason it feels like it takes a little bit longer to get the first round off when I hit the deck. Along with that the rate of fire is half of the others so long range tends to be more of an issue because I am losing half of my potential hits. Up close it does appears to be more effective because of the amount of damage it does per shot so if a soldier already has damage I have a better chance to drop him in one shot. I definitely like it better than either the RPK-74 or Type 95 but if I’m playing USMC I tend to use the M249.

I have to agree that the sniper rifle unlock is probably provides the biggest improvement over the locked version (except maybe the M24). The issue I have is that I am not patient enough to snipe.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:54 pm

Rhonnin wrote:I chose the DAO last time, nut I seem to have a knack for the assault package so I think I'll try that this time. In RL I would probably go with the PKM too, I just love laying out suppressive fire. [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif]

You might want to test out the G3 before you pick it. It does nice damage and is accurate but has a small clip (20 rounds) so you may find the frequent reloads frustrating.

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Valkyrie » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:36 pm

i like the m95 or the g3c6 for the first unlock, when i get lace corporal back im going to do a penny toss
''If Audrey was an Animal she would eat her young"-Rhonnin
The only bad vampire is a vampire out for your emotions
The Only Enforcer with a Naval Rank ^.^
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby BCoop » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:14 pm

Some servers unlock the weapons for you. The OAP server is a big, fun server that does that for you.

After trying them most of them, I especially liked the shotgun on the antitank guy. It is by far the best close range weapon in the game. The G3 is also very good because it combines the accuracy and stopping power of the m16 with auto fire. The medic one is good as well.

The M95 is an excellent sniper rifle (I got a kill from shooting some guy in the leg) but I still don't like sniping in the game. The assault one is just as good as an m4 imo. The engineer shotgun is powerful but has a small clip.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby rhonnin » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:21 pm

The ranked servers don't have the global unlocks coop, I have yet to play on an unranked server since, using Gunther as my role model, I've decided to go career military.
[smilie=armata_pdt_37.gif]
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:26 pm

I found it useful to test out each of the weapons in single player mode using the demo. I posted how to do it in this thread http://www.theenforcers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=915

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:15 am

Rhonnin wrote:The ranked servers don't have the global unlocks coop, I have yet to play on an unranked server since, using Gunther as my role model, I've decided to go career military.
[smilie=armata_pdt_37.gif]

I know that, they are just fun servers to play on and they allow you to use all of the unlockables against real people.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Return to Other Games