Battlefield 2 Ladder

Chat about other games.

Postby roadrunner » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:05 am

You will have to enter your punkbuster GUID into the teamwarefare site. I found these instructions on their site

-Working with PBGUID's
The following is a general guideline on "How to handle GUID issues"

1. How to locate your GUID and how to enter it in your profile?

* PBGUID's are required to be in your personal profile on TeamWafare for all Ladder and League participants. You can add your guid to your profile the following way:

* Open Battlefield, join a server (one with Punkbuster running), hit the "~" key and input /pb_plist in your console. Take note of the last 8 alphanumeric characters of the 32 alphanumeric characers displayed. This is your PBGUID. This is all you will need to input into your profile.

* Once you have captured your PBGUID go to Account Maintenance ---> Profile ---> Anti-Smurf In Game Identifiers ---> Add another ID. Add the last 8 alphanumeric characters of your GUID in the window there. If you have trouble doing this, clicking your name on your team roster page will bring you to your profile.

Also the ladder rules can be found here
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:24 am

I tried this.
I got a message saying there was a syntax error.

I hit hte ~ key and input /pb_plist and received a message that stated syntax error.

Nothing is ever easy for me. difficult yes. easy no.

and the only way I could find this post was by doing a search for GUID. Anything after August 26 is not displayed on my forum index.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Valkyrie » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:31 pm

Is it me or are the forum options set up so we can only see 10 posts or so before it switches to the next page.
''If Audrey was an Animal she would eat her young"-Rhonnin
The only bad vampire is a vampire out for your emotions
The Only Enforcer with a Naval Rank ^.^
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby roadrunner » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:12 pm

Yes val. That was one of the things I did to make sure that you don't see slider bars when accessing the forums thru the main site.

Gunther is correct that the info is wrong. I found another section on the TWL website that discuss how to find out the ID it as also wrong but closer. Type just pb_myguid at a console prompt and write down the last 8 digits. this is what you enter into the TWL site.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:50 pm

This works. I have my PBGUID now.

HOW TO ENTER YOUR PBGUID IN TWL and JOIN THE ENFORCERS IN TWL

1. Once you have captured your PBGUID per RoadRunner's instructions above, go to Account Maintenance ---> Profile ---> Anti-Smurf In Game Identifiers ---> Add another ID. Add the last 8 alphanumeric characters of your GUID in the window there. If you have trouble doing this, clicking your name on your team roster page will bring you to your profile.

2. When you get to your profile you see 2 boxes. The top box is larger and containes your name, date joined and the buttons to edit your name or Join a Ladder. The smaller box is labeled Anti-Smurf In Game Identifiers.

3. At the bottom of this smaller box, click on "Add another ID". This is where you enter your PBGUID for Battlefield 2. You must ensure that Battlefield 2 is in the box provided.

4. Once you have entered your PBGUID into your profile, go to "Your Name" ----> Search -----> Find team by tag. Enter [TE] in this box and look for the Enforcers. - [TE]. click on our link.

5. You have now arrived at our team profile. The box at the bottom that lists team members you will see a button that says "Join Team". click it and enter the password "cycler". You are now listed as a registered member of The Enforcers on the TWL website.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Towelie » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:27 pm

Woohoo I have joined the ladder. Can't wait till we see some live action now.
Towelie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Battlefield 2 Ladder

Postby dbieon12 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:49 pm

RoadRunner wrote:With the renewed interest in Battlefield 2 we might be able to look into some competitive action. If we could establish 10-12 regular BF2 players that want to represent the enforcers we could look at an 8 versus 8 ladders. There are 5 versus 5 ladders if we can’t field enough tE. I will do some research and add some more info later.

For those who never played in ladders all I can attest that it is a blast. Please post here if interested so that we can get a handle on numbers.

I would i play about 5-8 hours a day but I am not yet a tE.
dbieon12
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby roadrunner » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:19 am

Reminder:

Please sign up ASAP. I know the site is a pain in the butt but if you want to participate in matches you have to get on the roster. We have three registered and when we get to four we can be challenged by another team. If you are not on the roster by the time of the match you cannot participate

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:52 pm

Apparently they don't want me to join, possibly they have heard of my uncanny abilities as a bullet wall and are afraid of the horrific waste of ammunition? I've been back to that site no less than 10 times now and still no activation mail.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Socco » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:55 pm

RoadRunner wrote:trust me gunther I am not impressed either with it but it seems like they are a good active ladder. Hopefully you guys can get registered soon so that we can look to scheduling our first match.

OK, I have no clue after "get the PunkBuster ID" what to do :(

EDIT: OK, entered ID, but now what

How do I join our ladder? :D

EDIT 2.0: OK, I'm just blind. :D I'm in
Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games