Battlefield 2 Server

Chat about other games.

Battlefield 2 Server

Postby roadrunner » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:13 pm

Looking for a server? Try out our new 16 slot RANKED server. I named it the Enforcers - City Maps because I could not come up with anything yet. It is being hosted out of a datacenter in Dallas but I can have it moved if the pings don't work out. As you can see the server graphic needs help so please somebody make one that is nice. I will hook our guys up with server admin and customize the settings once I get a handle on it. The direct IP is 70.86.101.34:10212

I'm tired and going to bed. I will post more info later
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Valkyrie » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:16 am

''If Audrey was an Animal she would eat her young"-Rhonnin
The only bad vampire is a vampire out for your emotions
The Only Enforcer with a Naval Rank ^.^
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby roadrunner » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:57 am

:smt053
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:21 am

You are the best Road!!! [smilie=armata_pdt_34.gif]

Now hook up the pay info as well as having it moved to Eastern US. I hope Dalas isn't too far, I seem to get good ping with European servers.

Valkyrie, I loved your message to RR that was great. I E-mailed it to my wife.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:19 am

Fellow BF2 enforcers (actually the PS gang can help out too) I need some help/feedback.

1) We need a better name for the server. During my Tactical Ops days I frequented the server of my last clan initially because I liked the name (Kill your Co-worker). We need something like that. I have other ways to advertise the enforcers and our website.

2) We need admins. If you are interested please post. I will put together a PM with some instructions but bear in mind that I am learning how to do it too.

3) What maps should we play? Initially I setup to have it rotate the city maps but can modify the list

4) What should we state in the server comment area that displays during maps loads? Should we stating that we are recruiting?

5) Please try and play on it at least initially so we can get some traffic. The games won’t start until 5 people are on the server so it evenings might be better at first.. I also know that many of you like larger numbers but if we can increase the membership we can get a larger server.

6) I need a graphic to display during map loads. I put one together last night just to have something there but we need something better. We need an artist to do it right. The size of the area is 400 x 100.

7) Check your pings on it. I can always move it to another datacenter

Hopefully the PS gang can mention within game that we are trying to become active in BF2. Rest assure we don’t want steal people and get them to quit PS for BF2 but if they play both they might not know about our BF2 activities.

Lastly I will put up a paypal link on the website for those who want to contribute. This is strictly voluntary and nobody should feel any pressure to contribute. As far as I am concerned it doesn’t matter who pays for the server. Once it was tied to tE it became a group resource and thus everyone can voice how they want it used. If not I would have named it Road’s romper room and deemed myself king of all I surveyed. [smilie=armata_pdt_29.gif]

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:05 pm

I'll admin. It sounds cool; I'll probably step up my BF2 time now :).
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby rhonnin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:30 pm

I'll admin as well though I can be a prick about things like foul language.
I'll work on some server graphics too, may take me a couple days to track down appropriate artwork.
For a name we could have something like "Free Pie !!!" that'll draw em in, everyone likes pie.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Valkyrie » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:42 pm

Throw my hat into the admin ring aswell
''If Audrey was an Animal she would eat her young"-Rhonnin
The only bad vampire is a vampire out for your emotions
The Only Enforcer with a Naval Rank ^.^
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby Gunther » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:12 pm

I'll volunteer to admin but I don't play as much as Valk, Rhonnin and Socco.

Item #1.
The Enforcers - Hunter-Killers
Fire Base Enforcer
Forward Operating Base Enforcer
The Enforcers - "One Shot, One Kill"
The Enforcers - "Superior Firepower"

Item #2
How often do we have to be on?
We should create Kicking rules. I personally think foul language is not a /kick item. I'll fucking swear whenever I god damned feel like it assholes.

Item #3
If we have to limit our maps initially rotate these in order of preference:
A. Strike at Karkand
B. Mashtuur City
C. Kubra Dam
D. Gulf of Oman
E. Sharqi Penninsula
F. FuShe Pass

Item #4
"We are a teamwork server. Come into play as a member of a team. Join a squad or create your own but work with others. No cheating, No hacking and No Player Killing. The Enforcers are recruiting at www.theenforcers.org"

Item #5.
If you have it up Friday evening I will be on it then.

Item #6.
Not my lane

Item #7
Will do this Friday
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:34 pm

My pings were fine, just logged in for an hour to hang out and practice commander, it ran about 69ish to 98ish. A couple folks stopped in and we had a little commander battle for a while so at least we know people are seeing it on the server selector
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Other Games