Battlefield 2 Server

Chat about other games.

Postby rhonnin » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:09 pm

My pings have been fine here, I see them as low as 12 for some people mine is generally around 40 to 60. I do see people complain about lag but honestly most folks can't tell the difference between server and system lag.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:12 pm

Yesterday was pretty good except a issue right at the beginning of the night. The server was full most of the night and most pings were in the mid 50s and I don't believe anyone was seeing lag from monitoring chat. My complaint lately is not overall performance but the strange intermittent events like what is described in this thread. I went back to the Ohio server after briefly moving it back to dallas. It not that the pings were that bad there just that most of our players are from the North east and enjoy pings in the 20s-30s from the Ohio server. The price is the best I have seen, support is great (if you can get a hold of them), and once you figure out the controls its pretty easy to manage the server or to change it to other games.

Did you get a chance and try it out last night? It should be full again tonight if you still need to do that.

BTW For the most part the server has been solid but as you could see from the first post here I was not happy over this last weekend. My mood was mostly because of the autobalance issue which made gameplay on the server horrible over the holiday weekend. The pings I noted earlier only happened a few times but since I was already a little grumpy about the other issue I posted here to vent.
Last edited by roadrunner on Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:19 pm

Sounds good....Ill go buy one now.....BTW how long will it take from my order until I have full access of my bf2 ranked server?
Cheers, Dukester
Http://www.BF2Combat.ca
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby roadrunner » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:29 pm

You will get instant access and a email right away. The only thing that may take some time is getting assign to a server. Email support right away specifying a server and you should get a reply back right away (since it is during the day). Check out the website and figure out what datacenter you want before hand so you are ready to request. I had my server up within 30 minutes of the order. Any questions just let me know I will help out if I can.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:31 pm

RoadRunner wrote:You will get instant access and a email right away. The only thing that may take some time is getting assign to a server. Email support right away specifying a server and you should get a reply back right away (since it is during the day). Check out the website and figure out what datacenter you want before hand so you are ready to request. I had my server up within 30 minutes of the order. Any questions just let me know I will help out if I can.

Thanks buddy, I live in halifax , nova scotia , canada and the Columbus Ohio servers are showing good pings like around 50 when I ping them so I'm gona choose them. BTW will me server run 24/7 7 days a week since thats what I belive I am paying for
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby roadrunner » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:41 pm

Yes. Mine is up all the time. Just remember to use "disconnect from account" when leaving the SMPM client software. This statement will make more sense later.

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:00 pm

RoadRunner wrote:Yes. Mine is up all the time. Just remember to use "disconnect from account" when leaving the SMPM client software. This statement will make more sense later.

Cool Thanks, I just payed it, and I see now my subscription on seemeplay says 20 player game server
I sent an email to tell them I want a bf 2 ranked server in Columbus Ohio, waiting on them now. So what do you use to admin your server besides in game rcon commands...do you use bf2cc?? I use that on my non ranked server that I built brand new for BF 2. But want a rank one so thats why I'm paying for it for now.
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby rhonnin » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:13 pm

That's what we use is bf2cc, not all the features are enabled yet though, I'm sure you've seen some mention of it here. The only time I can't access the server is when EA brings down the account servers every so often but that has nothing to do with the hosting company.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:26 pm

Rhonnin wrote:That's what we use is bf2cc, not all the features are enabled yet though, I'm sure you've seen some mention of it here. The only time I can't access the server is when EA brings down the account servers every so often but that has nothing to do with the hosting company.

Understandable, I also used BF2CC on my non-ranked bf 2 server I built strickly for bf 2. Can you adjust the ticket Ratio from like 100 to 150? BTW I asked for Columbus, Ohio but Albert from seemeplay support gave me these choices from where the server will be hosted at... Which server location do you prefer?
Dallas, Atlanta, Virginia, or SanJose

So I chose Ashburn, VA since its the next closest one.
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby rhonnin » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:42 pm

Dukesterdotca wrote:
Rhonnin wrote:That's what we use is bf2cc, not all the features are enabled yet though, I'm sure you've seen some mention of it here. The only time I can't access the server is when EA brings down the account servers every so often but that has nothing to do with the hosting company.

Understandable, I also used BF2CC on my non-ranked bf 2 server I built strickly for bf 2. Can you adjust the ticket Ratio from like 100 to 150?

I believe the answer to that is yes, Road can confirm this though.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games