Battlefield 2 Server

Chat about other games.

Battlefield 2 Server

Postby roadrunner » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:34 pm

OK. I'm not really happy with my provider now but since the month is paid for will wait it out and see if it gets better. Since autobalance does not work now I have been watching the server more and what I noticed is that that pings go nuts every now and then. Has anyone else noticed this. Plus I have seen people complaining about lag. I was thinking about moving the server to another datacenter or back to dallas. Here are my choices.

Columbus, Ohio - Current location
Dallas, TX
Austin, TX
Ashburn, VA
Atlanta, GA
San Jose, CA - Not really considering this one.

Thoughts?

BTW this is what I have seen with the pings

Last edited by roadrunner on Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:53 pm

I told you about that one day when I hit 253. Normally my ping is between 50-110. I would assume that a location closer to the Northeast is optimal. I wonder what was wrong with Ohio.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

g

Postby dbieon12 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:03 pm

Some of those ping problems could have been me because I was getting problems with my provider because they are increasing speeds and my connection was slowed temporarily.

Also your server graphic looks better :|
dbieon12
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Towelie » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:11 pm

I.M.O, the server was a lil better in Texas even though its not East coast it wasn't bad. Obviously you are aware of the auto balance which is a big issue because most people come in and don't look at teams if they see auto balance on the main screen. This then throws the teams into a lopsided battle. (least of our problems) But yes there seems to be bigger spikes of lag lately in the server.
Towelie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby roadrunner » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:25 pm

I will keep a eye on the pings and lag and eveyone else do the same. BTW the server crashed this evening and when I brought it back up it appears autobalance is working again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:12 pm

I might have been wrong about the autobalance. It still seems like it has issues.

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:55 pm

Well they say it was fixed on Sunday but it will need a restart to make it work. Not sure if when I restarted yesterday was before or after then fix. Anyone watching the admin tool or playing today please comment if it is working.

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:36 pm

Seems to be working from my observations.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:27 pm

We experienced lag again on the server which was pretty bad. I had enough. I moved back to the Dallas server 70.86.101.34. I will get access to the VA server so we can test it out.

I want to make sure we have the best one before the next patch which will allow you to save favorites. I assume it will save them by IP.

EDIT I went back to Ohio after I didn't like the pings on Dallas. Will still get access to VA for testing.
[/b]

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:47 am

Hows it working now? I am thinking of buying a seemeplay ranked bf 2 server but not sure now cause of the pings I see here
Cheers, Dukester
Http://www.BF2Combat.ca
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Next

Return to Other Games