Battlefield 2 Server

Chat about other games.

Postby roadrunner » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:00 pm

Dukesterdotca wrote:
Rhonnin wrote:That's what we use is bf2cc, not all the features are enabled yet though, I'm sure you've seen some mention of it here. The only time I can't access the server is when EA brings down the account servers every so often but that has nothing to do with the hosting company.

Understandable, I also used BF2CC on my non-ranked bf 2 server I built strickly for bf 2. Can you adjust the ticket Ratio from like 100 to 150? BTW I asked for Columbus, Ohio but Albert from seemeplay support gave me these choices from where the server will be hosted at... Which server location do you prefer?
Dallas, Atlanta, Virginia, or SanJose

So I chose Ashburn, VA since its the next closest one.

I would say VA would be the next best choice. We use BF2CC but you can use other tools like BF2RA if you prefer. I like BF2CC because you can see chat messages. With ranked servers many of the settings are hardcoded and ticket ratio is one of them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:15 pm

RoadRunner wrote:
Dukesterdotca wrote:
Rhonnin wrote:That's what we use is bf2cc, not all the features are enabled yet though, I'm sure you've seen some mention of it here. The only time I can't access the server is when EA brings down the account servers every so often but that has nothing to do with the hosting company.

Understandable, I also used BF2CC on my non-ranked bf 2 server I built strickly for bf 2. Can you adjust the ticket Ratio from like 100 to 150? BTW I asked for Columbus, Ohio but Albert from seemeplay support gave me these choices from where the server will be hosted at... Which server location do you prefer?
Dallas, Atlanta, Virginia, or SanJose

So I chose Ashburn, VA since its the next closest one.

I would say VA would be the next best choice. We use BF2CC but you can use other tools like BF2RA if you prefer. I like BF2CC because you can see chat messages. With ranked servers many of the settings are hardcoded and ticket ratio is one of them.

Darn, I wanted to set it at 150 and have map rotation set at 1 so to keep it fresh but have a longer game on each map that rotates. The other this is that does your server need 9 players before it starts a game? If so this must be a EA requirement for ranked servers so to stop people from stat stacking
Cheers, Dukester
Http://www.BF2Combat.ca
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby roadrunner » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:51 pm

The number needed to start is based on the capacity of the server. I have a 20 person and it requires 7. Yes the minimum is to stop stat padding. BTW you can have a 64 person server and if you play a 16 person map you will only have 100 tickets. Tickets are based on map size.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:43 pm

I would also recomend not have one round maps since alot of people seem to take a good deal of time to load on the first round of a map it is very unbalanced.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:49 pm

Thanks for the info guys, I will take you suggestions and use them...cheers.......BTW its been a few hours now and I still haven't received an email back from seemeplay confirming my server location. Oh well,,,,,i'll wait a little longer....sent 3 emails allready about it....lol
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby Dukesterdotca » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:12 pm

Damn...I got everything setup to host a game but when I select any server it says I'm not setup for that server. I guess I have to wait to hear from them. When it is setup up will I only have one state to choose from different IP's or just one server in one state with one IP?
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby roadrunner » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:28 pm

From what I have seen your port will remain the same and the IP will change per datacenter. The first time I setup my server Albert contact me online when I was logged into the SMPM client.

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:48 pm

RoadRunner wrote:From what I have seen your port will remain the same and the IP will change per datacenter. The first time I setup my server Albert contact me online when I was logged into the SMPM client.

Yea I got an email from albert about 5 hours ago and that was it....no more cumminica....shouldn't be long though i hope
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby Dukesterdotca » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:04 am

Man....going on 24 hours now :roll: .....Ive also been offered a better deal from another company...$70.00 for a 20 player ranked server. Lets see what seemeplay does today. I seen that albert read my email but never responded back yet. :roll:
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby roadrunner » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:18 am

Yep. That is my biggest issue with SMPM. If you can get a hold of them the service is fast and good but if not you may end up waiting for a reply that never comes.

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games