Battlefield 2 Server

Chat about other games.

Postby Dukesterdotca » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:33 am

RoadRunner wrote:Yep. That is my biggest issue with SMPM. If you can get a hold of them the service is fast and good but if not you may end up waiting for a reply that never comes.

Yea fer sure...I emailed Support, Help, and Albert, even posted in forums, there help online in SMPM is allways empty and there is no phone number phone for them. I'm not happy with the responses. (no response) ecept one email out of 10 or so I sent.

This is what I just sent them...... This is not right....its going on 24 hours now and I still can't run a server. I not happy with this service and I want a complete refund. If I don't receive a full refund I will contact paypal in regards to this matter. I've also been contacted by another server company and they are only asking $70.00 for a 20 player ranked BF 2 server and PROMISE to have it up within an hour for me. Please cancel my account and refund my money in full. Thank You, Steve

If I do get locked into it for a month I'll probably signup witb the other company next month.

The other server company just wrote thsi back to me....

"sure thing. I will have it up in 30 to 60 minutes after receiving
payment. quicker if I know when the money is coming..

It will take a little longer to get BF2CC setup but we have some other tools
available for use while you're waiting for BF2CC to be setup.

Gary
Rapid Gamer, Inc
www.RapidGamer.com"

So It looks good...for the other server compnay
Cheers, Dukester
Http://www.BF2Combat.ca
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby roadrunner » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:50 am

That sounds like a pretty good deal. Does it include VOIP and can you change your server to something other than ranked? I need the ability to reconfigure as unranked for matches. I also like the ability to start up other games from my account like tonight we are going to run the BF2 demo so that people from our Planetside team can play against us.

It is the service that puzzles me and would be the reason I would not renew the server. One day I sent a email and received a response within minutes then proceeded to have a email conversation back and forth with answers coming back right away. Also the day I setup the server the first time, Albert used the pager to communicate to me within the SMPM client and idled in my game room until I had the server configured the way I wanted it. On the other hand I sent an email a few days ago and have not heard a response. This has occurred a few times so that is why I originally stated that service is great when you can get a hold of them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:49 am

WOOT...ITS UP!!!!!!!!

BF 2 Dedicated Ranked Server now up 24/7 in Virgina now up at of 10:40am today
Name of Server - BF2Combat.ca Ranked Public Server
Its a 20 player server
IP - 66.235.160.6:10680
Also Ventrilo deciated server IP - 142.177.229.213 default port
Website is located at www.bf2combat.ca
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby Dukesterdotca » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:37 am

Alls Well......I find putting my self in the server when its empty help populates the server even though I'm at work and can't play. I know myself I won't join an empty server. Works though as I seen in the past few days.
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby roadrunner » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:22 am

I usually idle on it after work. Most times it take about 30-45 minutes before enough people join and stay so to start a game.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:55 am

BTW...setting battlefield bandwidth choke limit ... do you guys set this on in BF2CC ??? And if you do set it , what do you set it at?
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby DaMoonRulz » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:24 pm

So which is the Enforcers server IP addy. I don't have the game but I'll play it at a LAN center
DaMoonRulz
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Dukesterdotca » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:01 pm

Its the glasshouse server. Its listed in the Sig above mine.
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Postby roadrunner » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:12 pm

Never touched the choke limit setting yet. I might have to read up on what it does. If it limits the data transfer rate I would definitely keep it as high as possible as bandwidth is more a SMPM issue than mine 8) . Yes most of the admins use BF2CC. I will use BF2RA when I need to have a periodic message displayed but other than that I use BF2CC.

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Dukesterdotca » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:17 pm

Cool...I'll have to check out BF2RA.
Cheers, Dukester
Dukesterdotca
Private
Private

Previous