Indigo Prophecy

Chat about other games.

Indigo Prophecy

Postby Outbound » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:48 am

OK, this is one I heard about and thought "No, I won't like that one." The premise behind it is that you control a man who commits a murder (in a trance) and the woman who is investigating that murder. It's basically an adventure game with a dark theme. I played the demo today and, despite it being too short of a demo, it's very good. It has a cinematic feel to it and flows really well. Despite my revulsion at the initial concept (yeah, I do always play the "good" guy in RPGs, first time anyway) it looks like it'll be a great one. You can pick the demo up at http://www.atari.com/indigo/.
--- Outbound, Earthbound, Unbound, & Honorbound ---
"This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps! This is what happens when you feed a horse scrambled eggs!"
~Walter in the TV Version of The Big Lebowski
Outbound
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Outbound » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:30 am

Sorry to reply to my own empty topic, but I wanted to share my thoughts on this game. I played all the way through it and share much of the same thoughts about its Cinematic quality as I thought after the demo. It's an excellent, well built Adventure game in general... Graphics and music are superb and you get a great "movie" type of feel to the whole game. They also did a great job with the characters; I cared about them. Also, it was really good in terms of giving you many choices as to how to progress. (Though you didn't really get a good idea some of the time what those choices meant your character would say.) Finally, the cutscenes were well made and in general very cool...

However, despite how extremely well everything else is done they added a very annoying "feature" called action sequences. Basically every cutscene in the game that lasts more than a couple of seconds has button presses pop up on the screen that you must press correctly. This got REALLY annoying, especially on the ones that you had to do the buttons right to survive. Others would just affect your character's mood if you failed. In general I spent most of the time of the game pressing 8 different buttons as fast as I could, since 4 buttons each corresponded to 2 analog sticks for the action sequences. You could miss all you wanted if you got the right button press too. I don't think I would have completed the game if it wasn't for the ability to hammer buttons and get by. The action sequences were NOT hard, but it was VERY annoying if you missed something and lost one of your lives (out of nine or so possible in the entire game!) I literally threw my keyboard at one point. I found myself wishing "If only I could just WATCH the beautiful cutscenes!" and luckily some of the best ones CAN be watched from the main menu. I'll stop now, you get the idea... Great if not for the action sequences.

On a side note, this game is also known as Fahrenheit.
--- Outbound, Earthbound, Unbound, & Honorbound ---
"This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps! This is what happens when you feed a horse scrambled eggs!"
~Walter in the TV Version of The Big Lebowski
Outbound
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Other Games