Starship Troopers

Chat about other games.

Starship Troopers

Postby Outbound » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:27 pm

I played this demo too... and I'm not too impressed. It's got a good look to it, but it's the whole "slaughtering countless bugs" thing. Plus it tore my machine to pieces when the wave of bugs rushed our base. I also don't like the fact that there are regular bugs that die if you look at them, and yellow ones that take way too long to kill (about a clip from your powerful machine gun, the regular take like 2 or 3 shots). Why not find a common ground and actually make you SCARED of a single bug like in the movie? You can always fill in the "weak enemies" gap with something... weaker.

Also, at least in the demo they didnt use the whole media propaganda thing they had in the movie, which I thought would be a GREAT way to present new advancements in the story. Hopefully they did that in the actual game. Overall, it seems like a poor implementation of a Starship Troopers game to me - and I wasn't even a fan of the movie. :?
--- Outbound, Earthbound, Unbound, & Honorbound ---
"This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps! This is what happens when you feed a horse scrambled eggs!"
~Walter in the TV Version of The Big Lebowski
Outbound
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Valkyrie » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:44 am

So your bitching about Starship Troopers for being well........Starship Troopers?
''If Audrey was an Animal she would eat her young"-Rhonnin
The only bad vampire is a vampire out for your emotions
The Only Enforcer with a Naval Rank ^.^
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby Outbound » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:47 pm

No, it's more of it not so much being Starship Troopers, and instead Just Another FPS. The bugs in Starship Troopers should not die in 3-4 shots of a gun that has free bullets, at least judging from the movie. If they had to have a weak enemy to slaughter they should make a weaker enemy than the basic soldier bug, those things should be TOUGH. Instead they're like fighting the Half Life 2 antlions - sure, they can be dangerous, but they're easy to kill.
--- Outbound, Earthbound, Unbound, & Honorbound ---
"This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps! This is what happens when you feed a horse scrambled eggs!"
~Walter in the TV Version of The Big Lebowski
Outbound
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Other Games