BF2 awards more than just fun

Chat about other games.

BF2 awards more than just fun

Postby roadrunner » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:18 am

Just for the heck of it I am trying to get all of the basic badges. First I was doing it just for fun but I am finding that there are other benefits. Most of them force you to try different styles of play or weaponry which leads to a more rounded soldier. For example I spent 10 minutes flying around a transport helo while playing a 64 person dragon valley game. While I was not helping the team that much I was learning how to pilot a helo and deal with things such as landing so I could repair some damage. I am trying to get my explosives badge now which is kinda tough (13 kills using explosives in one round) but I am getting better using C4.

Give it a try you might find it fun and beneficial. A list of the awards and their requirements can be found on the planetbattlefield site.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:39 pm

Yea yea yea.....

I am this close || to Lance Corporal. I'll get my butt in game.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:59 pm

I think I'm about halfway to corporal. I was doing the same thing Road, I try and stay out of the choppers though because I am awful flying them and they are too useful to the team for me to just take it to get the badge. I did spend an hour one night on an empty server trying to learn to fly the foolish things though.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jakeyism » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:00 pm

Rhonnin wrote: I try and stay out of the choppers though because I am awful flying them and they are too useful to the team for me to just take it to get the badge. I did spend an hour one night on an empty server trying to learn to fly the foolish things though.

yeah i found a server that had the map open for 64 but only 16 players on it. So i picked up my avaitor badge that night. Chopper flying i am getting better, just cant land well yet.
Jake
jakeyism
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Gunther » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:01 pm

I got Lance Corporal Today. I checked all the weapons options none of them allowed me to unlock. Will have to figure that out. I also got the Support and Helicopter badges today.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:22 pm

Unlock is dependant on points and not rank I believe
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jakeyism » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:04 pm

Gunther wrote:I got Lance Corporal Today. I checked all the weapons options none of them allowed me to unlock. Will have to figure that out. I also got the Support and Helicopter badges today.

I have heard you might have to play on the EA servers. Also i have had the promtion and had to wait till the next day to get the unlock. I think it needs time to get to the stats server.
Jake
jakeyism
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Gunther » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:48 pm

I got the unlock. I got the SF Kit, G36C
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General