Show me the money. . er. .cost

Chat about other games.

Show me the money. . er. .cost

Postby Droxor » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:59 pm

So how exactly does the charging system of BF2 work? Monthly fee what? Or is it, buy it then play for free??? do tell
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:13 pm

It's buy the game play for free. tE has it's own server called the GlassHouse which of course costs money to maintain, I believe road foots most of the bill with donation support by those able to pitch in.
I will say, in my opinion, if squad level combat is your thang it doesn't get any better than this game, when everyone is functioning together well it's a wonderful thing. It's very difficult to keep a well functioning squad off the objective.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:13 pm

Rhonnin wrote:It's buy the game play for free. tE has it's own server called the GlassHouse which of course costs money to maintain, I believe road foots most of the bill with donation support by those able to pitch in.
I will say, in my opinion, if squad level combat is your thang it doesn't get any better than this game, when everyone is functioning together well it's a wonderful thing. It's very difficult to keep a well functioning squad off the objective.

I don't think that he has had many donations yet.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby Gunther » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:19 pm

The Pay Pal page from the link on the Home page isn't working correctly. I attempted to make a donation today, but the button that allows you to make the submission wasn't visible to me. It was buried beneath the code of the Home page.

What Rhonnin said is right on, Droxor.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:30 pm

I changed the link so that it spawns a new browser window with the paypal button in it. Kinda of a clumsy way to do it but it should work better now. As for donations as I have said before I appreciate if people want to contribute but I don't expect it or will think badly of people if they can't. People contribute to the group in many ways monetarily is just one of them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:12 pm

ok, im planning on buying bf2, so the server is glasshouse? and any special things i need to make as a person or w/e, i wanna get this planned out so i can start as soon as i get it :twisted:

im pretty nasty at fps, and i love squad based things, so i hope to see u there(im more of a sniper, or longer ranged fighter in fps, but i can cut down ppl up close too)
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:21 pm

There shouldn't be any special things to do, just install, create an account and start killin folks.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:51 pm

although you can add it later if you arlrady started an account, I advise yo to put [TE] in front of your name.

If you want to participate in Team Warfare League (TWL) you will need to register on the website. You will need your PBGUID from the game to do that. THere are ainstructions in this forums someplace.

We do use TS. the game comes with a voice system, but it is not as reliable as TS. I have found myself using both. The problem with our TS, is often times, the clan gets split up between the two sides so if you use TS, you are talking to the enemy. (I assume this is hte part of the post Droxor is referring to.)
Last edited by Gunther on Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:15 pm

Sounds allot like talking on the phone with my girlfriend. . .
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:06 pm

i have not bought the game yet, waiting for my paycheck :x , so the enforcers have 2 sides? or what ? i thought the enforcers were one side and then other teams, or do u split into different groups? and im not too worried about them hearing me, cause i can type fast if needed, but i rather talk.

but other then that small confusion, ill put TE in front of my name and i guess join the twl and ill see u in game or w/e, as soon as i can
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Other Games