City of Villains Stats

Chat about other games.

City of Villains Stats

Postby roadrunner » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:04 pm

Very nice utility that collect stats while you play. A whole bunch of stuff like accuracy and damage of each attack. So when it feels like you are missing all the time you can actually check the numbers to see.

http://www.herostats.org/
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:15 pm

Where do you find this stuff. Since you seen to be the master of hunting this crap down, find me a stat parser for EQ2 :)
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:11 am

Haha let me see if I can locate something. I kinda wish a few more TE forum whores played CoV because I love analyzing builds and have nobody to do it with :cry: . All Dark cares about is that I keep him alive :wink: . For anyone playing CoV I have to say this program is great the amount of statistics it generates is amazing. These numbers are important when you try and figure out enhancement distribution.

BTW Towelie get the game yet?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:11 pm

Is there a monthly fee for CoV? or do I just have to buy the game?
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby Towelie » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:00 pm

Monthly fee or you can do a payment plan that works for you.

As for your question Road. Does this answer the question :cry: I am about a day away from going into UPS and going postal on those bastardos!
Towelie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby roadrunner » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:21 am

Yep it is a subscription based game like PS or WoW. The game is a RPG similar to WoW with a few exceptions. It does not have the concept of gear and economy that WoW has and thus you will not find people bitching about loot ninjas and gold farmers. You create a character and select a class. Based on the class different primary power and secondary powers sets are available. As you progress in level you can select new power or add enhancement slots to existing powers. Enhancements are items dropped or purchased that allow you to boost different characteristics of the power. Each mob you kill or mission you complete you get infamy (the currency) which can be used to purchase enhancements. I have been able to afford what I need as I have leveled.

I like it because it removes most of the greed factor associated with WoW as there is really nothing to be greedy over. It does have drawbacks as it can be repetitive. There is also PvP but you have to go to a specific zone to participate so ganking is minimum.

If anyone is interested I have a code for a trial and I have a few low level characters I can use to group.

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:48 pm

If you're a huge comic book geek then you would really enjoy this game. Like road said it's very repeptative and as such I lasted about 6 weeks.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:05 pm

It is repetitive from time to time but so not any more so than any other RPG out there. Not much difference between killing mobs while in a mission, than killing the same mobs over and over again in the blasted land hoping for a blue drop or fishing for hours to level you skill. CoV has the problem that they reused a lot of the environment over and over again. So while the fight and the type of mobs are different it still feels like you just fought in the same warehouse or office building. With the number of missions you can run I see why they had to do it but still it is a negative.

With that said I still think that the combat, character customization and lack of greed makes it a game more to my liking than WoW. Not having to worry about gold or discussing/arguing why a priest needs to roll on a two handed sword is priceless. Also not running the same instance 1000 times just to get the rare drop you want is worth seeing the same warehouse a few times.

I still may get bored but for now it is fun. I also find myself playing multiple characters for the fun of it and not just trying to power level one toon.

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:52 pm

How much is it a month? Road, I wouldn't mind the free trial, but can I download it for free and use the free trial? If not don't bother with it. It does sound fun though. I love comics and used to read them all the time, but, than I found video games and regular books so, yeah....
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby roadrunner » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:43 am

I think it $15 a month but I will check. I have a 14 day trial code for City of Heros. I can PM it if you are interested. The only problem is that I won't be able to group with you as I play a villain and the trial code is for heros. If nothing else you can see if the game has appeal.

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Other Games