squad leader

Chat about other games.

Postby roadrunner » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:36 pm

Gunther wrote:
RoadRunner wrote:I downloaded the files but it will be a bit before I can spend some time re-learning the base rules.

Give me a shot, Road. I helped demon with them on TS.
The last time I read the rules/played a scenario was July, 05.

I looked at the rules briefly back a few months ago when we were talking about it. As for the last game I played that would date back to the early 80s.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:39 pm

Rhonnin wrote:WHere did you find the rules for DL? I looked last night online but could only find mention of them not actual rules. By the way Gunther, I did stumble across a listing for a sale of the origional game priced at $50.00.

If nobody has a link I can scan in the manual. The ruleset builds on itself so you don't need a lot of it to play a basic scenario.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby demonseed » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:47 pm

I found my game today and with it, the Rulebook!! I also am currently creating the 3 missing scenarios and saving them. I'm almost done with the #5 Scenario and will email it to all who want it to play and will be working on #6 and #7 next. I suppose I will even send them to that VSQL website for posting there as well.

I will meet you online Friday around 1900 EST to begin Scenario 1 again. Please email me your created scenario once you create it and save it, we'll play it sometime. How about setting up a regular time for some or all of us to meet up once a week for an hour or two to play. The beauty of this game is that it all can be saved and resumed later. I'd propose Saturday/Sunday mornings or afternoons if possible.
demonseed
Captain
Captain

Postby Gunther » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:25 pm

My daughter takes a nap every day around 2PM EST (11AM PST) that should be good for an hour or two (maybe). best gaming time is after 7PM EST
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:35 am

SLRulesEdition4 wrote:[SOLE CONTROL] Sole control is a victory condition concept that is first introduced in Avalon Hill's Scenario 1, _The_Guards_ _Counterattack_, although the specific term is not used in the scenario. Quoting from this source, sole control is "no enemy squad or officer can be in the (building) at (game end) and your forces must have been the last to have occupied any hex of the (building) with an unbroken unit."

I just found this on the Advance Phase website in the rules section. I should not have entered into Close Combat with your squads in the middle building, Demon. This would have denied you "Sole Control" of that building.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby demonseed » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:50 am

:eek: , Yeah, that woulda been a hell of a way to lose after beginning so slow. As for the time to play I say we go with every Saturday at 4PM EST. If we squeeze in more playing time in a week so be it.
I guess I'll be seeing you this Friday Gunther at 7PM EST.
demonseed
Captain
Captain

Postby Gunther » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:30 pm

Resurrected this thread for Henray. I will redownload these files.

Game on!
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to Other Games