squad leader

Chat about other games.

squad leader

Postby rhonnin » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:50 pm

I remember Gunther and some others talking about squad leader, I read that paradox entertainment signed an agreement to publish a computer version of the game. Also I saw this, a game engine that allows you to play various board games on your computer including Squad leader.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:53 pm

Interesting.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:22 pm

RoadRunner wrote:Interesting.

to say the least. :D

I have Squad Leader(2 copies), Cross of Iron, Crescendo to Doom, GI Anvil to Victory, Paratrooper and Beyond Valor. This equates to 1000's of 1/2" and 3/4" cardboard chits and 25 ea 8" x 22" geomorphic boards. I'd be glad to tade them all in for a digital version. There is one "house" rule that the computer won't allow.

Rule: Knowledge of the rules is helpful but not necessary. Knowing where in the rule books to find something is helpful. If something is missed when calculating Die Roll Modifiers (DRM) and the dice are rolled, you can not reroll. The Rolling of the dice equates to the bullets or AT rounds going down range and you can not unfire a gun.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:24 pm

Hmm, when I have more time, I will definatly take a deeper look.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:15 pm

Gunther wrote:

Rule: Knowledge of the rules is helpful but not necessary. Knowing where in the rule books to find something is helpful. If something is missed when calculating Die Roll Modifiers (DRM) and the dice are rolled, you can not reroll. The Rolling of the dice equates to the bullets or AT rounds going down range and you can not unfire a gun.

With the computer version I would imagine this rule is not needed since the computer doesn't miss modifiers.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:22 pm

Rhonnin wrote:
Gunther wrote:

With the computer version I would imagine this rule is not needed since the computer doesn't miss modifiers.

My point exactly. :( I like that rule.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby demonseed » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:15 am

I haven't played that game in ages, I need to go through all my stuff and try to find it. Wonderful game and very addicting! I was invited to play in a semi-weekly tournament/convention that used to meet in Fredericksburg, Virginia when I was stationed there. Too bad I was asked about 3 weeks before executing my PCS orders to Cali. :?
demonseed
Captain
Captain

Postby Gunther » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:41 am

I've downloaded all the maps and most of the files necessary to play a game. I just haven't figured out how to get one started yet. maybe we can get some games going between RoadRunner, Rhonnin, Demonseed and myself.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby demonseed » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:44 am

Sounds fun, as soon as I find my game I'll let you know. I look forward to playing.
demonseed
Captain
Captain

Postby Gunther » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:49 am

stop looking and click on the links in the first post of this thread. That is all you need.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Other Games