Which profession combination is the best?

Chat about other games.

Mining/Blacksmithing
67%
Herbalism/Alchemy
No votes
Skinning/Leatherworking
No votes
Mining/Engineering
No votes
Fishing/Cooking
No votes
Enchanting
33%

Total votes : 3

Postby Sinath » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:35 pm

Which combo do you guys believe is the best in contributing to classes in the game. Also will make the most money.

If I left any combinations out, tell me so I can add because I had to rush in putting the pole up b/c I had something to do. I am interested in all of your opinions!
"Tough... Don't blame [others]. Blame yourself ... or God."
Sinath
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Gunther » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:18 pm

I refuse to vote only because every single one of them are essential. Neither one is more important than any other. You need to have a healthy mix of all of them to succeed.

On another note, Sinath, please use the EDIT button and refrain from double posting so I don't have to edit it for you.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Sinath » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:46 am

Ok, sorry Gunther, I may have done it 1 more time, but I will try and go back and fix it. Sorry man.
Yeah I do agree all professions are essential, but come on, you must like 1 pair more than the others ;)
"Tough... Don't blame [others]. Blame yourself ... or God."
Sinath
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Gunther » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:05 pm

I chose Skinning/Leatherworking for my NE Rogue. That is an ideal combination because he can make his own armor just as your mining/blacksmithing is good for a pally or warrior. Herbalism/Enchanting is great, because those users can enhance our armor and our weapons so that they are even more effective. I do not have a preference.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby sekdar » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:38 pm

skinning/leatherworking is essential to leather-wearing classes.
mining/smithing is essential to mail and plate classes, and is doubtlessly the most profitable.
tailoring is essential to casters.
enchanting is essential to a high-level guild, it makes their gear incredibly powerful. Doubtlessly the most expensive profession and the most useless until the higher levels.
herbalism/alchemy is extremely beneficial to all classes and has its uses in pvp. Free action potions make you immune to snares and roots for 30 seconds. there are even temporary invulnerability potions.
mining/engineering is extremely good for PVP but mostly benefits only the engineer.
fishing/cooking/first aid are "secondary" professions and all can be learned by any class, on top of your existing two professions.
sekdar
Private
Private

Return to Other Games