18%
Warlock
6%
Mage
12%

Total votes : 17

Encyclopedia

Postby Sinath » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:35 pm

Its amazing how much you know about all the old wars of tyranny and oppression after listening to my history teacher and then coming on this discussion board lol. Out of curiousity, where does everyone stand on revolting along the period of time, was it smart to have revolted or should we have stayed under tyrannical rule and bring a chain of events that followed that keep ending in beats of war and devastation? I personally say all for the revolting for it made us a stronger nation and we can learn from our past mistakes.
"Tough... Don't blame [others]. Blame yourself ... or God."
Sinath
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Encyclopedia

Postby Gunther » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:44 pm

Sinath wrote:Its amazing how much you know about all the old wars of tyranny and oppression after listening to my history teacher and then coming on this discussion board lol. Out of curiousity, where does everyone stand on revolting along the period of time, was it smart to have revolted or should we have stayed under tyrannical rule and bring a chain of events that followed that keep ending in beats of war and devastation? I personally say all for the revolting for it made us a stronger nation and we can learn from our past mistakes.

tough question that can only be answered over a very long period of time. The American Revolutionary War for example; the events that lead up to an actual shooting war lasted over 10 years. The Boston masacre occurred in 1770 but the battles at Lexington and Concord were 5 years later. None of those decisions occur over night by one man or by a group of men. And even during the war, 25% of the population were against Revolution, 25% were in favor of separating from England and the remaining 50% didn't give a flying fuck one way or another.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:27 pm

Who knows? After over 100 (maybe more than 200) years Britain let Canada go. But the colonies would have been much, much more profitable. So I guess we'll never know.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby USDnobody » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:09 am

jesus, this is the "CHARACTER CLASSES" thread.

someone start up a seperate forum for historical discussions.
>insert witty remark<
USDnobody
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Other Games