18%
Warlock
6%
Mage
12%

Total votes : 17

Character Classes

Postby Gunther » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:21 pm

Post which class you will make in WoW and I will do a recap to show what the Enforcers will look like.

I intentionally left off Shaman because that is a Horde only class.

Eventually all Melee types will be grouped into one House, all Caster types in a second and healer types in a third house with a House leader for each.

Melee House will include:
Warrior, Paladin, Rogue & Hunter

Healer House will include:
Priests & Druids

Caster House will include:
Mages & Warlocks

If anyone has any cool names for the three houses feel free to post them.
idea: Melee = Gladeus
Caster = Arcanum
Healer = Medici

those are Latin equivalents.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:37 pm

Yes those house names are extremely cool. Actually, just about everything in Latin sounds cool.

Interesting Fact: The Medici family of bankers ran end of medieval/ Renaissance Florence for 2 1/2 centuries. They were orginally patricians, not nobles, and took control of the city when Salvestro Medici rebelled. Lorenzo the Magnificent was a great supporter of the arts, especially Botticelli, Michelangelo, etc. Lorenzo was driven out for a little while and the former monk, Savonrola, began his terrible reign, but were aided in reutrn by the Spanish. One of their later rulers, Cosimo, actually tried to defended Galileo from the Inquisiton. There was a lot of stuff that happened after that too. But I'm too lazy to write more. Eventually it went to Austria.
Last edited by BCoop on Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby USDnobody » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:48 pm

Gladius, fyi.

I like the house idea. go with it
>insert witty remark<
USDnobody
Captain
Captain

Postby ddbq » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:51 pm

Very cool names.
ddbq
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby roadrunner » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:01 pm

like it.
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:32 pm

BCoop wrote:Yes those house names are extremely cool. Actually, just about everything in Latin sounds cool.

Interesting Fact: The Medici family of bankers ran end of medieval/ Renaissance Florence for 2 1/2 centuries. They were orginally patricians, not nobles, and took control of the city when Salvestro Medici rebelled. Lorenzo the Magnificent was a great supporter of the arts, especially Botticelli, Michelangelo, etc. Lorenzo was driven out for a little while and the former monk, Savonrola, began his terrible reign, but were aided in reutrn by the Spanish. One of their later rulers, Cosimo, actually tried to defended Galileo from the Inquisiton. There was a lot of stuff that happened after that too. But I'm too lazy to write more. Eventually it went to Austria.

I am impressed, Bret! Write more! 8)
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:33 pm

USDnobody wrote:Gladius, fyi.

I like the house idea. go with it

Both are acceptable, USD.

Gladius = Italian
Gladeus = Old Latin
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:49 pm

Gunther wrote:
BCoop wrote:Yes those house names are extremely cool. Actually, just about everything in Latin sounds cool.

I am impressed, Bret! Write more! 8)

I've been to their palace, which was actually owned by a rival clan of bankers, the Pittis. Once the Medicis drove them into bankruptcy, they bought their palace. It's a huge bown building made with large stone bricks. It has a giant courtyard in the middle and a humongous garden with about a billion statues and fountains and all kinds of shrubs.

One of them had a statue made of their servant. It's hilarious. The servant is an extrmemely obese, naked, slightly-taller-than-a-midget-type character riding on a giant turtle. I'll post some pics sometime. :)

Anyway, Cosimo got to be Duke of Tuscany in 1569, and established his power in Florence at the Uffizi, which is now a Museum where Michelangelo's famous David is held. His grandson, Ferdinand II, was the last powerful Medici. Cosimo III, his son, was just a bad leader and his grandson, Gian Gastone, wasn't ruler long enough to fix it. The last thing Gastone did was to uild a monument in the Church of Santa Croce dedicated to Galileo. When they were moving his corpse, people stole differnet parts of him for relics. One of his fingers is now in the Mueseum of History of Science in Florence.

EDIT: here's the pic (though it's not mine): Image

Disturbing, eh? :)
Last edited by BCoop on Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby Wraith667 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:48 pm

Druids for the win! I like the names Gunther. Who do you have in mind to head the houses? Also, will you be opening new forums for the 3 houses? Speaking of forums, is the PS Outfit forum gone, or do the people who don't play no longer have access to it?
I am the thing that goes "post" in the night.
Wraith667
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby BCoop » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:53 pm

Maybe the three heads of the Guild? RR would run healers if he's going to play Priest, Gunther/Izlude could do the melee house cause they like melee guys, and maybe BQ could run the casters cause he's a mage.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to Other Games