Launch 360 Owners...

Chat about other games.

Launch 360 Owners...

Postby Socco » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:58 pm

Anyone who got a launch 360 NEEDS to purchase the extended warranty. My Xbox 360 has gone twice now. The regular warranty ends Nov 22, 2006 for anyone with a launch console. Get your serial number + credit card and MS will give you 2 years more for $64.32 (taxed). Considering a repair costs $100+, it's worth it. Plus, from what I've seen online, they ship the coffin (empty box) to people with extended warranties. Otherwise, you need to ship it yourself (I got $50 insured $45 uninsured) + packing materials + box + time.

I made the mistake about calling MS on the phone first...

*dials number*
Hi, welcome to 18004MYXBOX! My name is Max...

Me: Ooh, a human!

Xbox: ...please speak in a slow, clear voice.

M: @$*($!

X: (45 minutes advertising products I already own & telling me about "abnormally" long wait times with some horrible hiphop/techno/rap/country mix)

Me: %$*#&$*#&$!

X: Hi, my name is John, what can I do for you...extended warranty? What's your serial number?

Me: ...

X: I see an open repair order, did you get it back already?

M: Umm...uhh...I called another time...and the...um... manager told me to update it...and...umm... try a week... and it has no problems.

X: Oh, ok. 1 year or 2...

Remember, if you have a problem & want to extend, never tell the manufacturer that you have a problem before buying it. They'll make you ineligible.

I feel no guilt. I've spent over $1500 on this 360, games, and accessories. I think a warranty is a decent request.
Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Return to Other Games