Vanguard Beta in early January

Chat about other games.

Postby Anairt » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:29 pm

So if you guys are thinking about going PvP, which will you choose???
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby rhonnin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:36 pm

The rule set seems a little weak to me, 15% coin loot? No item loot?
weak sauce.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:46 pm

Not sure if I will join a PvP server with my main. I still have a bad feeling from PvP in WoW (ugh strangelthorn) so not sure if I want to chance that again.

With the loss of coin on death I can see pvp becoming ganking for cash. You can use the bank to hold your cash but I have found that travel between back in forth to banks will be a major pain in the ass as there is no easy way to get between cities (other than mounts).

If I do decide to go pvp it would be on the team server as I can see FFA annoying me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Anairt » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:02 pm

I dont know about WoW but in EQ1 and EQ2 there is a bank in each city that you can pull yer funds from if needed. It does suck if you forget to bank tho.. Pretty much it become a habit for me since ive been playing on a PvP server with cash drops on EQ2.

But Cash is easy to get anyways ussually.
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby roadrunner » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:46 am

I am going to start a Thestran Cleric on woefeather. Not sure why I picked that server. This character I will get into all the bells and whistles like diplomacy and crafting.

I will also role a character on one of the PvP servers. All this toon will do is level, get gear, and PvP. I am thinking a Blood Mage for PvP but that may change as I investigate how classes fair in PvP. I don't want to roll the flavor of the month but at least something that is not inherently gimped.

Anairt have you decided which type of PvP server you guys are headed to? FFA or Team?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Anairt » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:39 pm

We are going to try the FFA for now..It gets to nutty we will switch. I just downloaded it and will be playing tonight since Ive preordereed.. Ill post the server and name a bit later.
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Other Games