Guitar Hero and Rock Band

Chat about other games.

Postby rhonnin » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:39 pm

By little difference I mean in the way you play, probably by hitting them with a stick or two, there's not much similarity in how you work the GH controller and how you play a stringed instrument.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby cApNhOwDy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:36 pm

They've had this in Japan since, like, 2000. It's called Guitar Freaks, Drummania, and Keyboardmania in session mode. Two guitars, one drumset, and one keyboard. And I'm not a big fan of Guitar Hero or Guitar Freaks myself, but I freaking love Drummania. They have one of those machines near the college I'm going to, and I'll probably go there once a month and play $20 worth in one sitting.

And you thought that this Rock Band controller is expensive, go over in Japan where you may spend $300+ for a controller to play one set of Bemani games. (Bemani is Konami's musical division, they're the guys who make DDR and a shitton of other music games for the arcade and PS2). I should know because I have 2 of these controllers and I know alot of friends who have more. If they do as much with Rock Band as they've done with the Bemani games, then $300 will be well worth the hours upon hours of entertainment you will have. This is a fact. One of the expensive music games that I have already has 15 games in the series, averaging out to about 100 songs in each game, covering all sorts of genres of music, and I am so glad I went through the trouble of importing it.
cApNhOwDy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Other Games