World in Conflict

Chat about other games.

Postby Draconis » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Gunther wrote:I started the clan "the Enforcers"...the clan tag is [tE]
My ingame name is Gunther
No one had taken it yet.
I can invite you. post your ingame names here.

Kernunnos is ready for battle!
Draconis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Rangerr » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:21 am

I think I am going to pick up the game tonight on my way home from work.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunther » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:01 am

Damaen, can you lose the red and black stripes in the background and go with just the Bomb, wings and death skull?
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby McGuyver » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:17 am

OK OK, I down loaded the demo last night and hope to have time to try it out today, Wish me luck
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby Damaen » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:44 am

yeah gunth.

i actually made an attempt at it last night, but got caught up in the game itself. the game dosent shade the logo at all so it stands out, so just the center image would blend nicer. but its basically impossible to see the avatar even as bright as mine is now unless you stand stilland zoom right in on it. you'd have to squint just the skull and bomb. i'll see what i can do tonight and post the final products here just in case someone wants them.

i love this game. played maybe 15 rounds last night. Vesian was support and he and some tool were moving predictably down the center of a map and my carpet bomb wiped them both out. that was so rewarding to watch. that attack graphic is HUGE
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I am attacking!
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunther » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:58 am

I'm having problems with my mouse/cursor. I tried to play this morning and found it extremely difficult to control my troops. My cursor will move quickly to the edge of the screen or make me spin around many times uncontrollably. It seems my cursor is possessed. The game became frustrating as I couldn't target anyone or even form a box around friendly units. The mouse appears to be fine, but that cursor has a mind of its own.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Draconis » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:12 am

Gunther wrote:I'm having problems with my mouse/cursor. I tried to play this morning and found it extremely difficult to control my troops. My cursor will move quickly to the edge of the screen or make me spin around many times uncontrollably. It seems my cursor is possessed. The game became frustrating as I couldn't target anyone or even form a box around friendly units. The mouse appears to be fine, but that cursor has a mind of its own.

Play with the cursor speed option under the options menu...should solve your problem.
Draconis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Gunther » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:14 am

Draconis wrote:
Gunther wrote:I'm having problems with my mouse/cursor. I tried to play this morning and found it extremely difficult to control my troops. My cursor will move quickly to the edge of the screen or make me spin around many times uncontrollably. It seems my cursor is possessed. The game became frustrating as I couldn't target anyone or even form a box around friendly units. The mouse appears to be fine, but that cursor has a mind of its own.

Play with the cursor speed option under the options menu...should solve your problem.

When you say "Options Menu" I assume you are referring to the Options menu in WiC. The problem is that it occurs when I navigate through Firefox or IE or anything I do. even if no applications are open and I am about to choose one on the desktop.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Draconis » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:40 am

Gunther wrote:
Draconis wrote:

When you say "Options Menu" I assume you are referring to the Options menu in WiC. The problem is that it occurs when I navigate through Firefox or IE or anything I do. even if no applications are open and I am about to choose one on the desktop.

Well yes...but Windows has the same type of option setting under the Control Panel. If that does not help... may want to make sure you have the latest driver from whoever makes the mouse.
Draconis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Gunther » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:26 pm

I replaced my 2 year old Dell Mouse with my 5-year old Microsoft mouse. Problem solved. No more erratic actions. The demonic possession has been banished.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games