World in Conflict

Chat about other games.

Postby Almus » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:01 pm

My comp cant run the demo, any hope for the real thing?

Looks so sweet.
Almus
Private
Private

Postby Draconis » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:21 pm

Gunther wrote:I replaced my 2 year old Dell Mouse with my 5-year old Microsoft mouse. Problem solved. No more erratic actions. The demonic possession has been banished.

Well that was the whole problem there! :twisted:
Draconis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Gunther » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:01 pm

Draconis wrote:
Gunther wrote:I replaced my 2 year old Dell Mouse with my 5-year old Microsoft mouse. Problem solved. No more erratic actions. The demonic possession has been banished.

Yes and no. I understand Dell has picked up a bad reputation. but they have done good by me. I use an XPS Gaming computer and for the most part is does everything I need it do.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Draconis » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:05 am

Gunther wrote:
Draconis wrote:

Yes and no. I understand Dell has picked up a bad reputation. but they have done good by me. I use an XPS Gaming computer and for the most part is does everything I need it do.

I am an equal hater of the computer makers... only good one i ever had was Gateway...but that was years ago...now i just build em myself. But I know everyone has different story. :)
Draconis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Rangerr » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:25 am

Draconis wrote:
Gunther wrote:
Draconis wrote:

I am an equal hater of the computer makers... only good one i ever had was Gateway...but that was years ago...now i just build em myself. But I know everyone has different story. :)

The only Gateway I ever owned (back when they were hotshit) came preloaded with a virus. Needless to say I haven't ever bought another Gateway.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Damaen » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:49 am

i had an HP maybe.. 10 years ago? some pavillion. at the time it was fantastic. and i have to admit the thing was indistructable. and i coul dplay CS and UT on it which was all that really mattered at the time
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I am attacking!
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunther » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:18 am

I think I have had one successful game of WiC. The game freezes up after awhile and I can't move or do antything. I know it is because I currently have to much software installed on the hard drive. I might as well uinstall PS as I don't seem to be playing that. Haven't touched it since that first day.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:58 am

Gunther wrote:I think I have had one successful game of WiC. The game freezes up after awhile and I can't move or do antything. I know it is because I currently have to much software installed on the hard drive. I might as well uinstall PS as I don't seem to be playing that. Haven't touched it since that first day.

I think you are just looking for a reason to uninstall PS :)
I don't think that would be the case unless you have absolutely no space left and the game is running out of space for swap files, more likely it's just another example of your techno-curse.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Draconis » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:12 pm

Gunther wrote:I think I have had one successful game of WiC. The game freezes up after awhile and I can't move or do antything. I know it is because I currently have to much software installed on the hard drive. I might as well uinstall PS as I don't seem to be playing that. Haven't touched it since that first day.

Funny I had the same problem this week with PS. Though I know its my old gc(geforce fx 5200). Only problem I have in WIC is the nukes..though it looks pretty!
Draconis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Gunther » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:48 pm

Draconis wrote:Only problem I have in WIC is the nukes..though it looks pretty!
I love listening to the Geiger counters ticking away after a detonation. 8)

/getting posts back on track. :oops:
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games