Gametap

Chat about other games.

Gametap

Postby Tackalt » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:27 pm

Dunno if anyone has seen this around, but I've noticed it a little bit on website ads. I was looking to find a downloadable version of Vietcong and found they had it. So I downloaded the program and paid the .99 first month for it and noticed that this thing ROCKS.

It's basically Steam on crack. Games from Commodore 64, NES, Dreamcast, Genesis, and old / recent PC games. Most of the PC games that they have have been out for a couple months, probably to let vendors get sales before they allow it onto the download market.

Regardless, you get the first month for 99 cents, then 6.28 every month after if you don't cancel. Look into it if you're bored and like new games with a blend of some old classics.

www.gametap.com

Decent download rates, as well; even at college. :)
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby roadrunner » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:29 pm

I signed up. I am pretty much burnt out on most games. Played some joust and far cry. Pretty good value for us who get bored easy.

Playing the classics is fun.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Tackalt » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:08 am

Yeah, especially those games that you'd like to try out, but not spend $19.99 on to own. I've been playing Duex Ex: Invisible War and Vietcong for a while. Decent FPS games.
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby roadrunner » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:57 am

Tack. Have you tried overlord? It is actually kinda fun. I would never buy it but playing via gametap is great as once I finish it just delete.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Tackalt » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:03 am

I downloaded it last week, but my laptop cannot support it, so bleh. :(
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Return to Other Games