Blizzard Announces second Expansion

Chat about other games.

Postby Gunther » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:42 pm

Damaen wrote:The entire point of the game is to level your character. I gear my characters so that I have fun leveling. I got my pally to lvl 70 inside a month, my mage was casual and it took zero time. I don't even bother doing instances anymore. There is so much content in wow that you cant do it all anyway. Do you get five people and grind two hours through Scarlet Monestary? I don't, I have a 70 take me through in ten minutes. All the fun is at end game. At lvl 80 you will be able to get a five man and take your lowbies through Molten Core. There's enough content that you can pick what you want to do and focus on that. Everyone I know is dying for content.

I'd have to agree wholeheartedly with Damaen on these points here. I paraphrased some of your stuff, Damaen. I hope you don't mind. I highlighted what I felt were the important points of your argument.

I enjoy leveling characters, whether it's working a Lv8 Warlock in Eversong Woods or a Lv62 Paladin in Hellfire Penninsula. I have "my" way of doing things and I repeat them because it is what I know and I know my techniques work*. If I want to change things up a bit, I do--my option. There is sufficient content in this game for me to do things differently. That is one aspect of the game I thoroughly enjoy. I admit I am not impressed with the Battlegrounds PvP system, but that's fine, I don't go in there but maybe two or three times a year. Why should I go let someone kill me when I can kill NPCs without the worry? If I get killed by NPCs its because I did something stupid.

I am looking forward to this expansion too. Honestly I am curious about the new PvP zone in Northrend called Lake Wintergrasp. I also want to make a Death Knight. I'm sure everyone in WoW will be itching to do that too and that is fine. Let them enjoy themselves as much as me. If Blizzard continues the way they are going, they'll have us at Lv100 or more in a few years. I'm ok with that.

*- Gunther's Leveling Technique or "Keeping it Green"

1. Solo all non-elite quests. Soloing = 100% Kill XP + 100% quest XP. Working with a partner = 50% Kill XP + 100% quest XP.

2. When your quest log is filled with Green, Yellow, Orange and Red quests, do the green ones first. You may not get as much XP as you would from an orange quest, but you will find that you complete the green quests faster with less down time therefore achieving a higher rate of XP accumulation per minute. As you complete the green quests and level up, the yellow ones become green and the orange ones become yellow. This is what I mean by keeping it green.

3. Save your money for your Lv40 mount.

4. Unless you know some secret way of making a ton of cash early on (Don't have a High level on the server) avoid spending money on anything other than Abilities, transportation, food and water. Make use of the weapons and equipment you have seeking upgrades as you go. The only exception to this rule is when you get close to end game play. At Level 68, I would approve of buying a nice new sword or breastplate knowing that you will use it a long time in end game use.

5. Instances are a great way to make money and earn XP. Although I frequently find a Lv70 friend to run me through instances, I generally make an effort to locate four other people of similar level to complete all the appropriate instances to acquire all the XP I lost from having a Lv70 run me through. It also helps to keep you up on how to play your character in a group environment. Sitting back and letting someone else do all the work doesn't teach you anything, but the rewards are awesome.

With this technique I have leveled four characters to 60+. My first was a Paladin and it took approximately 17 days in game time to complete. My Warlock took 14 and a half days to level and my warrior took 12 days to level. This past winter/spring timeframe I leveled a priest to 60 in about 10 days game time. I use this technique above all the time and it works great.

For leveling from 60-70, I did my warlock in three weeks completing every quest in Hell Penn, Zangar, Terokkar, Nagrand and Blade's Edge. I did not need to complete quests in Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley to hit 70, but I have done some of those for Cash and Equipment rewards. My warrior took about two weeks to hit 70.

I get faster as I go. I've decided currently to level my rogue, the same rogue I made on 11/23/04 on Bleeding Hollow when we all first started playing this game. His name now is Landain and he just hit Lv53 last night. Thanks to Beta, HAC, Lone and Valar they helped me get through BRD at Lv52. Even though they are all Lv60 (HAC is 65) I still got tons of XP because they were only ~60 and not ~70. Thanks guys.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Damaen » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:55 pm

gunth, pvp isnt so bad. battleground-wise. do you aena battle? i really enjoy it. as long as you dont get pissed when you get worked over. likei can. lol
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I am attacking!
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunther » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:00 pm

Damaen wrote:gunth, pvp isnt so bad. battleground-wise. do you aena battle? i really enjoy it. as long as you dont get pissed when you get worked over. likei can. lol

See that's my problem. I am very competitive but I don't have the chit to stand up. Yes I get pissed if I get worked over. Two days ago, I went into AV on my Warlock. The match was 40:40 and the Horde won. When it was over, I had 11 killing blows. Which for someone who doesn't play BGs that often, I thought that was pretty decent. I was ranked 2nd in Killing the HOrde for the Alliance side. There were 15 Horde players on top, a few with over 40 killing blows a piece. There was one Alliance, three more horde and then me. My question is, What happened to the other 38 Alliance players if only two of us could get into the top 20? How could someone who doesn't play PvP be ranked 2nd on the Alliance side and all those other worthless douche-bags do nothing? weren't they playing? Chit like this pisses me off. That event will scar me for at least six months. The only arena I've done, I've lost, so yea, I won't go there again either. No point in beating your head up against the wall or being someone else's target dummy.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby USDnobody » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:05 pm

on the other hand gunther, you won't get any better at it that way either.
>insert witty remark<
USDnobody
Captain
Captain

Postby betasoldier » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:18 pm

Gunther wrote:
Damaen wrote:gunth, pvp isnt so bad. battleground-wise. do you aena battle? i really enjoy it. as long as you dont get pissed when you get worked over. likei can. lol

See that's my problem. I am very competitive but I don't have the chit to stand up. Yes I get pissed if I get worked over. Two days ago, I went into AV on my Warlock. The match was 40:40 and the Horde won. When it was over, I had 11 killing blows. Which for someone who doesn't play BGs that often, I thought that was pretty decent. I was ranked 2nd in Killing the HOrde for the Alliance side. There were 15 Horde players on top, a few with over 40 killing blows a piece. There was one Alliance, three more horde and then me. My question is, What happened to the other 38 Alliance players if only two of us could get into the top 20? How could someone who doesn't play PvP be ranked 2nd on the Alliance side and all those other worthless douche-bags do nothing? weren't they playing? Chit like this pisses me off. That event will scar me for at least six months. The only arena I've done, I've lost, so yea, I won't go there again either. No point in beating your head up against the wall or being someone else's target dummy.

One word gunther, warlock. Also, most of the alliance players probably left and than others joined and the like.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Other Games