Pardus

Chat about other games.

Pardus

Postby rhonnin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:10 pm

Another browser based game, I clicked on the ad in one of the UD screens.
Gunther and I tinkered with the tutorial together earlier and it seems pretty detailed and potentially addictive. It has action points like in UD only a lot more and they regenerate faster, there's some pvp to it as well.
At any rate, no one tried to sell me anything when I made an account so it's at least worth going through the tut.
blah
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:41 pm

In the tutorial, I was making credits hand over fist. but when I tried to use the lessons learned in the actual game. It was a nightmare.

This game regenerates 24 AP every 6 minutes which is 4/minute. You consume AP a lot faster in this game than you do in UD. The Maximum AP you can have is 5000. Therefore it will take less than 21 hours to regenerate a full complement of AP.

In the tutorial I picked up about 15-20 tons a fuel on each attempt. In the real game, it is more like 1 or 2 tons. Same goes for resources, energy, ore etc. I harvested many tons in tutorial, but kept running into 0 in the real world. We need to find an area less harvested.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:22 pm

The place I ended up was a bit better for resources and the market, wasn't wall to wall stations and monsters either. Also, I found someplace giving free ship trade ins to help newbies out a bit, you have to be a part of the empire to take advantage of it, I'll check it out and let you know how it worked out.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:30 pm

I'll have max ap in 15 minutes, going out to do some shopping though so I'll check on that free ship business when I get back in a few hours.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:27 pm

Sweet deal here Rhonnnin, I was in Tiexen drawing 4-7 tons of energy instead of the usual 0-2 that I found in other sectors. I filled my holds up quick and then I jumped over to Ska and landed on the planet Skara. They paid me 99Cr per ton!! I had 47 tons on board. On the Quana and Tiexen Starbases, I got 24 and 27Cr respectively from those locations. I'm sure the energy is scarce in Ska that is why they pay higher rates. I was brining it in from Tiexen. Also, made a mental note of the Pirate Freighter hanging around at near the MO's in Tiexen. I tangled with one of those in Quana and barely got out alive. Had to go repair before I continued on. I made over 4KCr on that last shipment of energy. I'm up to 11.5KCr. not enough for armor and a weapon yet. I should save up AP and go do a delivery quest.

This is a cool game. thanks.

PS: I was in NH today with the family. We had a party to go to in Chester over near Derry on Route 102.

Rhonnnin's ship is named: Enforcer One
Landain Skarsgaard's ship is named: Enforcer Two
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:13 pm

I completed three transportation quests and bumped into an NPC opponent. Apparently I took some damage and hadn't noticed. I tried to make a jump in a wormhole and my ship blew up I had just harvested 49tons of energy, which Planet Iceo would have given me 117Cr/ton or 5733Cr. I blew up making the jump to Iceo and lost all my cargo. Now I'm on Skara with less than 1,000 AP. I'll try the run again tomorrow. Need to keep an eye on hull integrity.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:29 pm

Yea, most every time I land I repair, right now I'm hanging around the station you get the free ship from waiting for them to restock it and doing small supply runs to the various factories and such.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Draconis » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:12 am

Rhonnin wrote:Yea, most every time I land I repair, right now I'm hanging around the station you get the free ship from waiting for them to restock it and doing small supply runs to the various factories and such.

where is that located? I just got out of the simulator last night and did a few delivery quests.
Draconis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:01 am

Exackcan sector, the only starbase there, a couple other people are doing it as well in other sectors. Look for the "free ficon" post in the forums. Also, I discovered that when you pick your race and starting area it doesn't automatically join you to that faction, you need to click on the faction at a base or planet to join. Oh, Empire only for the free Ficon by the way.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm

man, I screwed up again. I wish I could just delete and start over. I took on a Quest and didn't have enough AP. I am now stuck at a wormhole between Kenlada and PO 6-991. I am on the Kenlada side with 2 AP. I need 19 to move 1 space. At that rate, I will have enough to reach Starbase Atlantis in about a half hour. Unfortunately i won't be able to complete the quest in time because the recipient is the next sector south (Lianla).
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Other Games