Chat about other games.

Postby FloobieDoobie » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:54 am

Pope Floobus, L16 Commando on US2
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby roadrunner » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:00 pm

Is anyone considering this game in retail? Right now I am on the fence. It has some nice features and other than a little hitching and some lag it has been pretty bug free. I am concerned about the lack of any real PvP and limited the secondary game components (economy, crafting, secondary skill development). I have a bad feeling that it would be fun for a little bit but get old after a month or two.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:35 pm

RoadRunner wrote: I have a bad feeling that it would be fun for a little bit but get old after a month or two.

That's my feeling as well, I have yet to see any PVP at all, as far as this type of sci-fi mmo goes the only thing this seems to have over anarchy online is some graphics, AO has much more PVP, better crafting and general game play and is free for the basic game.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby FloobieDoobie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:06 pm

Yeah, the game seems to lack depth. I enjoy tooling around on the beta but dont know if I'll actually do the retail when it comes out.
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby rhonnin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:50 am

So this last patch made a huge difference in challenge as well as made some other nice changes. I still think it's lacking in depth but the invasion areas are much fun, really feels like a war now.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby FloobieDoobie » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:12 pm

lol, I logged in after the patch and wen tto do my usual ass kincking and WTF! I DIED! How the hell did that happen. The night before I solo'd all of the instances in Divide without a problem! So yeah they finally made me have to think a bit :)

PS. One of the reasons I died quickly was my main graviton body armor got screwed up and had a measly 100 AP instead of 800.
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby roadrunner » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:49 pm

They definitely increased the difficulty factor. I tried to solo an instance and was owned big time. I imagine that they will go thru some more balancing before it hits retail.

Looks like I will have to try grouping now.

The fights are fun a lot more fun that WoW/VG/CoV style of locking on to a target and mashing buttons. Even though it will auto lock-on to targets aiming does matter. They do a fairly good job of making it feel like a battlefield.

It seems to run a little better after this last patch.

Still not sold but it is a fun beta.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:59 pm

If they went with a free to pay scheme like they have for GW I would buy it, or even something like the "pay for premium content" set up they use with dungeon runners.
Removing the grind from MMOs is like removing the crazy from Richard Garriot.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby luvpeebo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:19 pm

General British. *snorts*
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Other Games