cApNhOwDy's Dedicated servers

Chat about other games.

cApNhOwDy's Dedicated servers

Postby cApNhOwDy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:41 am

Yo sup, I've got my dedicated server for Halo PC up and running. If any of you guys have Halo PC, you might be interested in checking it out sometime. So far everyone I've asked on my server says it's fast and lag-free, which isnt a common thing in Halo PC. Damn do I love this college internet connection. I'm thinking about setting up another dedicated server for Tribes: Vengeance, even though I'm sure noone here has ever played it. It's got a gametype that is Counter Strike without the bombs/hostages, meaning you die and you're out until the next round. If I set it up, I'll link you guys to a free download of T:V so y'all can check it out if y'all'd like.
cApNhOwDy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:19 pm

I am a long time tribes player, well except for tribes 2 which sucked, I haven't logged into a TV server for a few weeks though.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby cApNhOwDy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:51 pm

I would have never guessed. I love T:V, I dont care if it's not as big as the other Tribes games. I played the multiplayer beta to death, those two levels were awesome Arena levels and I owned so hard back then. A couple years later, I found a copy of the game and bought it, and there was hardly anybody on. I was pretty sad, and I still am. Great multiplayer game, unfortunately short lived and underrated only due to the fact that it wasnt as large as the other tribes games. I'll go ahead and set it up. My college connection is 15k down 6k up, you think that that'll be enough to have two dedicated servers running at once?
cApNhOwDy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Damaen » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:26 pm

i remember reading a lot of iffy reviews about it and thn it just sort of bombed. i dont think i ever actually tried it
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I am attacking!
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby cApNhOwDy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:50 pm

Damaen wrote:i remember reading a lot of iffy reviews about it and thn it just sort of bombed. i dont think i ever actually tried it

Really? From what I gather it had alot of positive reviews. Metacritic gives it an 83/100. For $20, it's worth buying. If we could get a slot added to the Ventrilo list, I think tE could have a blast with Arena.
cApNhOwDy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Other Games