Rising Eagles

Chat about other games.

Rising Eagles

Postby Tackalt » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:56 pm

Hey guys. Just looking to see if anyone would be interested in this game. Looks kind of to be a BF2 - Planetside blend. Not an MMO, but still worth a look a link. Can't play games until January here at the "I." :(

http://www.betawatcher.com/game.aspx?gameid=330
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby Gunther » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:29 am

signed up for open beta to check it out. here it is 4:30AM and the download speed is 700 - 1500 KBPS. lol funny how that works. 8)

Forums: blah

Looks like Bf2142 so far except no titans. You get skill points for killing opponents and winning a session like Bf games. There are three factions represented like PS: USMC, EFN and PLA. This is set in 2040 AD so it's actually only 33 years in the future. :) you also advance in rank like Bf games. The game is developed by Invasion Interactive. Blah It appears this may be their only game. when I clicked on the games link, this was the only game they are talking about. Unlike Huxley and Lost Colony, this game comes out in December 2007.

I downloaded and played this game this morning for one round. After you download the beta client, there is a patch you will need to DL first. Go to www.fileplanet.com, under game genre click on 'shooters' then click on the rising eagle file. DL the patch and you will be able to enter your CD key.

I chose USMC rifleman for my time in the game. It was a 2v2 match as there were only 4 of us online at this time. The graphics are circa 1995 and suck big time. the story line is cool ( as far as Paris is falling and we are fighting against the Europeans) ok, half lame/half cool. Reminds me of a 1995 version of Bf2. more Bf2 than Bf2142. I wouldn't pay a nickel to play this in retail.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Tackalt » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:36 am

Thanks for the quick review and look into this game, Gunther. :)
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Return to Other Games