Tabula Rasa: Live

Chat about other games.

Tabula Rasa: Live

Postby Droxor » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:32 am

So the game has been out about 3 weeks now and I have been playing a few days. So far I am enjoying the game ALLOT. It has elements of City of Heros in the graphics, however where CoH failed in their constant feeling of doing the same instance over and over, or the same building graphics over and over. . .TR scratched and fixed.

For those who don't know the story base is that Aliens destroyed earth and surviving humans were teleported to new alien worlds (2 until Xpac). The game focuses less on PvP and more PvE (Like city of Heros) but also like CoH there is some PvP element. (i.e. clan wars ect.). It has WoW elements because you do gain gear and new weapons as you go. Being a Sci-Fi MMO (One that was heavily needed among all the Fantasy games IMO) you have to manage such things as ammo, and suplies when you go out.

Instances are ran the same was as they are in WoW. However there are soooo many more. I found that there are a TON of quest and instances to do for the first few zones I have been in. This equals "less" of the grinding feelings and more of the quest "Im actually doing something progressive" feeling. Also most MMOs have shakey back stories (especially in the beginers quest) at best. However I feel TR's story is very intresting, and even for the non-intrested storyline type, keeps a general feel for what the game is based on. . .Human Survival.

One of my favorite parts of this game is not so much the cross in between a standard RPG and an FPS (sort of like what SWG went to eventaully, where you select your target but have to actually aim and fire to kill him.) which I do like in itself. The part I love most is from the very begining your not fighting "Level 1 boars" your fighting exactly what the story throws you into. . .and advanced group of aliens trying to destroy your race, along with inhabitants of these new worlds your on. These advances species require you to use an array of weaponry, depending on what they are immune to. (i.e. Lightbender species are immune to Laser weapons, making them vulnerable only to Physical, Sonic, EMP ect.) Therefor there is no Ultimate Weapon. Also you are constantly switching between different weapons for different situations, just like real combat. (i.e. long range begins with a rifle, switching to a shot gun for closer or larger groups, and also using a chaingun for serious crowd control or boss fights.) This makes every player pay a little more attention to their terrain and suroundings before charging into a fight. Why charge a group of 5 when you can pick them off 1 by 1 as they run up the mountain to you?
-------

Overall I would say the game has some flaws, but what game doesnt at launch. It was released in 100x's better condition than Vanguard and I feel already is a more stable game.

The Devs have already hinted at aready existant Player Economy, Player Housing and Vehicles that have yet to be released.

I think this game has ALLOT of potential, and could be a huge hit for all the people dying for a Sci-Fi MMO that gives them all the aspects of a game from killing to crafting.
----

P.S. if anyone decides to sign up I'm on the Orion server atm.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Valkyrie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:09 pm

So basically the game is still gay.
''If Audrey was an Animal she would eat her young"-Rhonnin
The only bad vampire is a vampire out for your emotions
The Only Enforcer with a Naval Rank ^.^
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby rhonnin » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:48 pm

It's swords and orcs but with lasers and aliens.
Really it didn't do anything that AO doesn't do better, that doesn't mean it isn't fun though.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am

Fortunatly I have found a fun group of people to play with too, that deffinetly helps. One ofm y biggest problems with CoH is I soloed the entire time, and the few groups I was in were pick ups. It makes games less enjoyable for me.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Other Games