D&D 4th Edition

Chat about other games.

D&D 4th Edition

Postby rhonnin » Thu May 22, 2008 11:43 am

Our group played the introductory adventure last night, I have been very skeptical about the new rules but after the game last night I am sold.
We did an RPlite session so we could just get into working with the rules and even with the learning and questions the game went very smoothly, I would argue it was more so than our regular sessions using a rule set we are more familiar with.
My biggest fear was that they would be dumbing down the game, fortunately that doesn't seem to be the case and there is as much, if not more depth to the game play and characters as with previous editions.
There is a lot more movement in combat making it feel much more dynamic and exciting and it moves along much more quickly, not that the encounters were easier or anything just that there is a lot less stumbling over rules or other things that interrupt the flow.
All in all I am very pleased with what I've seen so far and can't wait for the full rules release. [smilie=armata_pdt_34.gif]
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Thu May 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Oh, 4th editions coming out huh? Lone, hac, beast and I play with a mix mash of 3rd and 2nd edition rules from the 3rd edition rule books and from 2nd edition of what I remember and liked from playing it. We are RPlite, we don't mess with the food and travel time and the like outside of combat. Every group of players is different though. I noticed that our group is far more focused on combat then the actual story, either they don't get into the story, don't display well to me that they get into the story, or I don't make the story interesting enough for them. Or, maybe they just like the combat that much, admittedly, that's my favorite part as well, but I like telling the story too. Although, also, I have to admit I'm not the best RPer in the world, but I try my best. I'll have to head to the book store soon and see if they have the 4th edition starting adventure.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby roadrunner » Thu May 22, 2008 3:23 pm

So beta rolling a pally?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Thu May 22, 2008 3:32 pm

Lol, I'm dungeon master, I don't get to play a character that often. I still do every once in a while though.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby rhonnin » Thu May 22, 2008 4:32 pm

I think John, our DM, got it off amazon. I imagine it can be had from the WoTC web site as well.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby luvpeebo » Thu May 22, 2008 9:22 pm

I need to find a group out here, dammit. I miss it. :(
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby rhonnin » Thu May 22, 2008 11:33 pm

luvpeebo wrote:I need to find a group out here, dammit. I miss it. :(

possibility here
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby luvpeebo » Fri May 23, 2008 5:57 pm

I think that's the three major archetypes of every stupid girl I meet in games. I'm seriously crying.
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby rhonnin » Thu May 29, 2008 4:58 pm

Disclaimer: Neither myself nor the management of tE endorses or encourages the procurement of material through piracy (excepting of course dread piracy) or other illegal means. (at least outside of the member only forums)
Anyway, the printer copies for the 4th edition books were leaked and are available for torrent DL.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/44372742/dungeons+dragons?tab=summary
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Other Games