Analog gaming

Chat about other games.

Analog gaming

Postby rhonnin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Since I can't really do any digital gaming right now I thought I'd find out what forms of analog gaming tE may do.
I of course have a regular D&D group but since my computer died I discovered there was another person living in the house all this time, she calls herself a wife or something, anyway, it turns out that if you have one of these you can play games with them so I picked up a copy of Munchkin to try out. This game is a lot of fun, especially if you have done any tabletop gaming like D&D as there are a lot of inside jokes, I highly recommend it.
I also frequent boardgamegeek.com a lot and picked up a couple of print and play games there my favorite being Zombie in my Pocket, it's a solitaire game that can be played in about 10 minutes so is great for quick breaks and passing idle time.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 pm

I have this cardgame called Battleground. I've only played it a few times against my nephew. We've never finished a game because it takes so long. I own the Men of Hawkshold deck and the Orc Army deck. My nephew owns the the Dwarves of Runegard deck and the Undead Army. It is actually quite a fun game, but sucks to play solitaire. there must be some way we could PBE.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:35 pm

That game looks awesome Gunther, people seem to really like it on boardgamegeek too, I'll have to see if I can pick it up to try.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Damaen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:43 am

i have munchkin and a pack for it. bloody hilarious.

if u have 5 friends that want an AWSOME game experience A Game Of Thrones (based on books) is just rediculous. it limits you to like, maybe 2 or 3 effective armies on the field and it has a risk-with-generals-and-cards battle system. so fucking good. and armies retreat, can be routed and destroyed, u can build castles. god its awsome. but yeah, its hard to get a good game going.

settlers of catan. that is all.
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I am attacking!
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby rhonnin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:51 am

Settlers of catan is supposed to be really good, it has a huge following.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Other Games