Less than a week back in WoW

Chat about other games.

Less than a week back in WoW

Postby Pilsner » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:39 am

and my fucking account gets hacked. I get booted from the game and find I cant log in. I change my PW log back in and open a ticket and immediately log out. I go to change my PW again but someone has already changed it and the email associated with my account so I am locked out.
Pilsner
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby betasoldier » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:56 am

Your going to need to call them man. And buy a blizzard authenticator. That really fucking sucks. Going to seriously want to call them ASAP and get it settled out, especially with the whole, billing system thing. I've been hacked twice as well, luckily they never managed to change the email address. Hope you get it all settled out.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 am

Unfortunatly, the levels that people take this game too including hacking accounts for virtual money and for shits and giggles. I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to you. I would suggest that as soon as you restore your account, to purchase the Blizzard authenticator. It provides you with a number to punch in after you have entered your screen name and password. Also, to prevent people from altering your info on worldofwarcraft.com, you must also enter the number before you alter information on the website as well.

The total price is between 6-9$, i forget if you pay shipping.

Good luck man, I'm sorry to hear that you're already having problems.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:21 am

Blizzard Authenticator site
Currently status - Quantity:Sold Out
Retail: $6.50

I was curious. seems like a good investment.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 am

There's been a nasty virus going around which is built specificly for hacking WoW accounts. (Blizzard should be proud). Anyways, Windows update put out a hotfix for it last month, so if you havn't updated since then I would recomend everyone does it.

Also the authenticator is a god send, well worth the money and pretty much garuntees your never going to get hacked. Since I got hacked earlier in the year when I resubbed I got one, and now I can rest easy knowing my 50k is safe and sound :D
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:01 am

I picked one up and I like it. But beta can't complain too much about being hacked as other than the inconvience of waiting to get your stuff back he always seemed to make out on the deal. Blizzard was kind enough to send more than what he lost.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:52 pm

RoadRunner wrote:I picked one up and I like it. But beta can't complain too much about being hacked as other than the inconvience of waiting to get your stuff back he always seemed to make out on the deal. Blizzard was kind enough to send more than what he lost.

^ True dat. Except for my fucking twill gloves, the bastards!
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:19 pm

betasoldier wrote:
RoadRunner wrote:I picked one up and I like it. But beta can't complain too much about being hacked as other than the inconvience of waiting to get your stuff back he always seemed to make out on the deal. Blizzard was kind enough to send more than what he lost.

^ True dat. Except for my fucking twill gloves, the bastards!

The twill...*sigh* A tragic loss that we shall always remember.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Pilsner » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:20 pm

I got the account back and ran several virus scans that came back clean. The only conclusion I can draw is that one of the addons I got from curse was bad. I deleted all of my addons and my WTF folder, but I'm still scared...
Pilsner
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby TheLoneTerran » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:07 pm

I go to a gaming center pretty often in my town called ebash which has a ton of computers and one of the main attractions is playing wow on a super sexy computer. They get their mods from Curse as well and I've heared them mention before things about unclean curse files. From what I heard, the highest risk of getting viruses from files is if you use the curse client.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Other Games