Tour of Generals

Chat about other games.

Tour of Generals

Postby Gunther » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Here is a game I was introduced to last night by some of the guys on MHA IRC channel. I played one game with Myth and it is worth a shot.

Tour of Generals

Tour of Generals is a tactical war strategy, multi-player online game. Create a game on one of the many game maps in Tour of Generals which includes Europe, The United States, Japan, Iraq, Canada, The Middle East, South America, and many more game maps. Players have many options to customize their game including the game turn frequency rate which ranges from 1 minute turns for a fast paced and aggressive match all the way to a 24 hour turn frequency for more thought out and planned strategy match. Once a game is launched the game turns are played in real time, simultaneously, between all players of the game. Players collect funds based on the value of their territories and from these funds players purchase and equip armies to move across the tactical map to engage their enemies and capture regions. Register a new account and get started playing for free right away. See the About Tour of Generals screen for a quick overview of the game. Visit the community Forums for more information.

Yes, I copied the text from the home page above. It explains what the game is about better than me. I do enjoy the concept of the game, It is fun, but the biggest flaw I found was the frequency. The above quote states that you can have 1 minute rounds although when I created the game last night, the smallest frequency I could produce was 5 minutes. If you are interested, Register an account and we'll play a game.

I have one set up right now called O Canada (pw: careful). My login ID is Gunther. This game is set for 6 players to play and has the 5 minute interval. What that means is we will all need to be on at the same time. If you read this in time, shall we plan on playing this Tuesday or Thursday evening at 7:30 PM EST if anyone is interested?

Natrually we'll get on ventrilo.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Has anyone looked into this yet? its a browser game. I think it may work on Rhonnin's current machine.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:55 pm

I just looked at it. I might give it a try ton or thursday with you, not sure.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby rhonnin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:06 pm

I registered yesterday but haven't taken a good look at it yet, I probably will tonight or tomorrow.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:32 pm

The O Canada game is a 6 player game. I'm starting in Yukon territory and chose color black.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:05 am

Beta and I played the O Canada map last night. We learned a bit about how to play the game.

Saving turns, acquiring High dollar territories early.

But the one factor of this game, that makes is extremely annoying is the minimum of 5 minute turns. It takes a playe about 10-20 seconds to collect taxes, create new/add soldiers to existing armies and then move the one and only army that you can move in a turn. The fact that you can only move one army at a time is another annoying feature.

Options the game allows is Free Transfers. I had set this match to allow this which really helped me, but you can turn it off. When this is turned off, it is advisable to retain some cash in reserve so that you can build an army at a key location when you need it.

The game can be set to standard victory conditions; capturing a certain % of territories or Capturing your opponent's Capital city. I had our game set to capturing the capital city, which was really a moot point.

I don't know if I will play this again, unless I can figure out how to make 1 minute turns. 5 minutes makes it last way to long. After 36 turns, beta and I had played for 3 hours and it was getting late. with 1 minute turns, a 36 turn game could last only 36 minutes. :)
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby artimass » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:42 pm

Game looks cool. Is anyone going to start a game that I can join? I'm not good at starting these things.
artimass
Private
Private

Postby Gunther » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Congratulations on your first post, Artimass! :)

I made a game, just because you asked.

Title: Below the Equator
Pword: Artimass

Map: South America

I chose black and Argentina as a start point.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby artimass » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:31 pm

thanks gunther!! I'll be there as soon as i can, stuck at work, can't even get into WoW stuck on the authenticating screen
artimass
Private
Private

Postby McGuyver » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:10 pm

I'll have to check things out this weekend. I saw the update in the cybernations link today and book marked it.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Next

Return to Other Games