Dawn of War II

Chat about other games.

Dawn of War II

Postby TheLoneTerran » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:36 pm

For those that are Dawn of War: 40k fans, the newest RTS in the series arrived recently.

Those that played the original Dawn of War games, this newest in the series offeres a much more polished look at the universe. There are only 4 species this time, but if it follows the pattern of the previous installments, expansions in the future might allow us to play more races.

The races are:
Imperial Marines (sorry Chaos fans): The Blood Raven's chapter.
Eldar
Orks
and a race not previously playable, theTyranids. These are vicious, organic creatures that seem to work in a hive like structure. I wouldn't be surprised if the Zerg from StarCraft were modeled after these guys.

I just purchased the game and haven't been able to play yet. I'm patching right now. If anyone is a fan of the series and wants some review, I'll be happy to post my experiences with this new, hopefully awesome, addition to this series.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:26 pm

On G4 they were saying that the tyranid race had a sizable advantage.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:12 am

I've only been playing single player so I haven't gotten to play as the Tyranids yet. They do seem strong but maybe it just comes from inexperience with the game so far. It just came out.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Other Games