Adventurequest Worlds

Chat about other games.

Adventurequest Worlds

Postby Tackalt » Fri May 08, 2009 7:50 pm

Dunno if any of you all have run across this at some points, but it's a flash MMO based from the guys that made AdventureQuest, Dragon Fable, MechQuest. Adventurequest Worlds (AQW) is not something that'll totally immerse you, but it's something interesting to pass the time when you're bored with whatever the latest craze is, or at some public place where you can't get into a hardcore game (airport layoversssss).

There's a good amount of internet humor in it, and they update the game every week, ranging from small updates such as inventory expansion to a new zone. It has an ongoing story that actually develops, and it at minimum you can play maybe 30 minutes to an hour a week and still keep up with the game.

So if you're bored, or might want to have an alternative that you could play with someone who's not as hardcore as us, lol, try out AQW. There is a pay-to-play option that gives you access to the members server, but you can join your own version of the zones by joining a high-level.

Example, typing /join <zone name>-23432 will put you into a private zone, so to speak.

Reference information...

Create-a-Character Link

Game Update Notes

My Character Detail...heh.

AQW Reference Wiki

Name is Pathfinder in-game if you guys try it out. They tweak the game a lot, so it might feel unbalanced right now. PvP is slated, but on the drawing board, as well as guilds.
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby rhonnin » Fri May 08, 2009 8:25 pm

I think I had clicked on a link to that from xfire or someplace once, I'll have a peek.
I've been playing SOE's new one, freerealms with my daughter lately.
It's entertaining, on the cute side but well done, definately more on the side of casual but it's fun and social and gives us something to do together since our gaming tastes are a bit different.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Tackalt » Fri May 08, 2009 10:30 pm

I tried Free Realms out, as well. I actually got an invite to beta test it, but the beta only lasted something like two weeks, and I never got around to it due to exams.

What drives me nuts about that game is the weird loading times; thought it was my college connection, but I got home and it still takes a while on my fiber-optic line. Seemed to be kind of clunky to me, and revolving too much around StationCash. Why have membership...AND a cash shop? :?
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby rhonnin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Freerealms hit 3 million registered users this past week. This has to be a record for a sony game.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Other Games