@Champions Online

Chat about other games.

@Champions Online

Postby Damaen » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:42 pm

Costumes amuse me, as does shooting lasers out of my eyes and/or hands. Also? reviews say the character creation system is "more fun than spore" and that you can waste 90 minutes perfecting a toon.

I grabbed it off steam. Anyone else have it/curious? I am installing it now, so no fanboyish commentary
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I am attacking!
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby rhonnin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:12 pm

It's been released? or is it an open beta thing? I've been very interested in how this comes out.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Damaen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:31 am

yeha i got it on Steam earlier.

VERY VERY fun. the character creater alone is like a fucking game, it really is better than spore. Geez.

i have a psuedo knight in white who build energy with Force Blasts (beams of energy) then if they get close i have Clobber (duh) and the Room Sweeper attack which hits AOE and sends ppl flying. Also: i can fly.

You can pretty much do anything with your character. I sort of made Superman with eye beams and unstoppable punches, but i have seen a lot of crazy shit by other people.

the videos of this game on their site are a pretty good representation of what it is.

the "monster" body type with the beast running dynanmic is pretty hilarious, and i made an alt who is a dual gun wielding acrobat. At some point he gets a mini gun - im just saying.
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I am attacking!
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby rhonnin » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:41 am

I'll have to check that out, did you play City of heroes? I'm curious if the game play is similar. CoH has a great character creator too but then the game play was really repetitive.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby FloobieDoobie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:22 pm

I might pick this up since nothing else is really holding my interest right now.
CoH was definately repetative, I played it for like 2 months before I got bored as hell.
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby Damaen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:55 pm

i played CoH for a bit didnt like it much. i like this a lot, and i have uninstalled at one point or another: warhamemr online, Conan, PS, uh, what im trying to convey is that i like wow still and this, it seems to stand up decently. Its not wow, but its different and its fun.

I have now made a dual sword wielding asssasin named The Librarian. i have maxed out her chest put her in panties hose a garter corset and tie. JUDGE ME NOT.
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby FloobieDoobie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:46 am

Alright I picked this up and it's not too bad. Really still figuring it out but wow the toon creation is really involved.
My toons name is Floobette
http://www.champions-online.com/character_profiles/784371
Hit me up in game.
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby Gunther » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:47 pm

I played this in Beta and was not impressed. Maybe the fixed all the bugs.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:57 pm

You should always expect bugs in beta, I mean, that's the point, to flush them out. How was the game play?
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Damaen » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:40 pm

floob what kind of character did you make?

i hit lvl 10 and i can SideKick now or whatever. i assume it brings me to your level or you to mine while we play?

did you get it off steam, floob?

-- edit

the game seems to patch every few days with 100 mb files. happily they download in like 30 secs.

Also, i cant make heads nor tales out of the itemization/item system, and unlike wow not a single person has asked me to join their supergroup
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Other Games