Earthrise

Chat about other games.

Earthrise

Postby rhonnin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:46 pm

I was poking around looking for post apocalyptic MMOs and stumbled across earthrise, it looks promising and seems to be accepting beta apps.
Fallen earth looks pretty good too I just wish they did a free trial of some kind.
Someone needs to make a Fallout MMO.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Actually I think the company that used to own the lincense was trying to make one behind Bethesda's back. But I think it has been shut down at this point.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby TheLoneTerran » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:40 pm

I had heard quiet, hopeful rumors of a Fallout MMO but nothing much lately. What I have heard is that the new fallout game, Fallout: Lost Vegas should be hitting sometime mid-2010.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:16 pm

I found this on falloutmmo.com:
Interplay recently received notice that Bethesda Softworks, LLC (”Bethesda”) intends to terminate the trademark license agreement between Bethesda and Interplay which was entered into April 4, 2007 for the development of FALLOUT MMOG. Despite the fact that no formal action is currently pending, Bethesda claims that Interplay is in breach of the trademark license agreement for failure to commence fill scale development of same by April 4, 2009 and to secure certain funding for the MMOG. Interplay adamantly disputes these claims. Although the potential damages are currently unknown, if Bethesda ultimately prevails and cancels the trademark license agreement, Interplay would lose its license back of the “Fallout” MMOG and any damages resulting therefrom are unknown at this time.

Maybe Bethesda will develop it themselves now? Fallout 3 was only going to have 3 DLCs, now they’re going to build more. Let’s hope!
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Found this today. Hopefully its not a joke site or anything.

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/beth ... -20091214/
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:39 pm

To be honest I'm not sure if that's good news or not, seems like Bethesda filed the injunction so they could make a Fallout MMO themselves, I think that would have been the best thing.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:37 pm

I wonder if we're going to be left with a situation where its either done not very well or not done at all. Do we want something that doesn't live up to the potential that may smear the series' name or just hope it falls through?
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Earthrise

Postby rhonnin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:20 pm

I got an email to try this game the other day so installed it and logged in. After playing for 30 minutes I had to go back and check if it was a beta invitation but apparently it's a full release trial.
This game is broken and buggy at a biblical level, the enemy AI essentially consists of standing in place unless you move out of range. Mobs would get hung up on geometry in groups rendering them un-targetable and making missions difficult to complete. The animations are laughable as are the weapon sounds and models. I swore I was in an early beta until they told me in chat that the game had been out for a year, I tried not to laugh when they admitted to paying 50.00 for it.
Indie developer or not, it's a shameful display.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:36 am

Never tried it but it sounds like it is being developed by the guy that gave us Lost Colony.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:53 pm

roadrunner wrote:Never tried it but it sounds like it is being developed by the guy that gave us Lost Colony.

Funny how not only did the game never get made but the website is gone and there's no web presence at all for Red Planet LLC beyond BBB listings.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Other Games