Global Agenda

Chat about other games.

Global Agenda

Postby Tackalt » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:02 pm

There hasn't been a thread about it here, and I know Gunther had mentioned it to me on Facebook. Here's what I'm putting my marbles behind in hopes for 2010. And what a way to start off a new decade with a kickass game. Hopefully Global Agenda will deliver what has been missing forever and a day in our Enforcer lives.

Breaking it down...

MMOFPS! Gameplay Video

ImageImageImage

* Create your agent - Create, customize, and develop multiple agent characters, complementing your FPS skills with accessible RPG-style progression. Unlock weaponry and cuttingedge devices including jetpacks, grenade launchers, mines, deployable turrets, stealth suits, holographic decoys,robotic droids and HUNDREDS of others.
* Co-Op with friends online - Four players share the same online mission experience - working as a team,communicating via built-in text and voice chat, infiltrating facilities, defeating end bosses, and earning technology upgrades.
* Compete in fast-paced, multiplayer matches - Teamwork and tactics are paramount within objective-based game types designed from the ground up to support intense and balanced player vs. player combat.

INCLUDED WITH OPTIONAL CONQUEST SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE

* Conquer persistent territory - Player formed agencies compete for scarce territory, resources, and technology on a persistent world map. Create and upgrade facilities, attack and defend territories, and engage in Base Raids, production, politics and deception on your way toward world domination.

All of this is based on a type of payment system unseen to the world except for what Hellgate London used before it sank.

Global Agenda players can experience the major features of the game after a one time purchase via digital download or box sale, with no monthly subscription required. An optional subscription package called Global Agenda: Conquest will be available for those players who wish to participate in the persistent Alliance vs. Alliance territory control game-play and access ongoing content updates.

The comparison chart for the two modes is explained in-depth here.

I'm gonna go ahead and give it a chance. The beta was really hard to get into. I was registered for it like a year ago and constantly updated my DxDiag files and everything. Guess they were looking for people whom were active on the forums or something, I dunno. Will post my review when I get into the pre-order beta on 7 JAN 10. That'll give anyone who wants to jump in enough time to read my review before release at the beginning of February.

Cross your fingers!
Last edited by Tackalt on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby Tackalt » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Some reviews I've found following the Steam forums...

no, far from it infact if you mean by UT3 or Planetside playstyle.

Its a team based game which puts it in more of a tf2 type role than say, cod or ut. If anything, I can see it becoming very popular with competitive fps clans and players, and possibly players from competitive mmopvp games like wows arena or guild wars.

Id describe it as a hybrid of tf2 and savage 2. Its nothing like planetside, thats something a lot of people seem to think. If youre looking at global agenda as a PS replacement, youre looking in the wrong place.

1. The FTP side is very adictive and will draw a lot of fps players.
2.My whole guild is switching from wow and mw2 to this and only three of us have ever played it.
3.There are very few wow players who arn't looking for something else to play ..wow is old ,graphics are ♥♥♥♥ and its the same thing getting done over and over in the expasions. They have removed any challange in the game by watering down the content to suit the masses.
4.I predict (having played it) game of the year 2010.
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby rhonnin » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:19 pm

I think we had a post about it here last year some time. I was just at the site a week or so ago and it seems like it's getting close to open beta.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Tackalt » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:21 pm

Rhonnin wrote:I think we had a post about it here last year some time. I was just at the site a week or so ago and it seems like it's getting close to open beta.

There's no open beta to it. Only pre-orders and whomever they've selected into the beta previously. And if there are too many pre-orders, the beta participants who've not preordered get the boot. :eek:
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby rhonnin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:44 pm

So releasing Feb. 1st? Anyone going to pick it up? I'm seriously considering it if I can get a spousal purchase order authorized. :)
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Damaen » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:22 am

rhonnin, EXACTLY. must clear with wife.

that being said, i dont need another mmo with no one to play with, so i will wait for tE's involvement

but they are close to having my money. tho i am grabbing Army of 2 (the 2nd) on the 12th, cant but too many games!
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I am attacking!
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunther » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 am

Like you other Whipped, battered and abused husbands, I also will require a spousal purchase order authorization. Given that approval, I'm in. I've been tracking this one for awhile and fanned it on FB about a year ago.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Tackalt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Open beta starts tomorrow at 1 PM EST...well for those who pre-ordered. Can we please move this thread to the private forums (as far as NDA stuff goes).

I will log in and report back immediately tomorrow afternoon with a breakdown on the game.
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Re: Global Agenda

Postby rhonnin » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:31 pm

They're doing free trials for this now so I checked it out. It's not bad but not what I had hoped. The PVE is entertaining, basically a 4 man, timed, instance with a boss fight at the end. The layouts are all very similar so it gets repetitive. PVP is fun and frantic but I didn't find it very satisfying, there's pretty much no communication or strategy employed on teams but the goals are all standard team fortress style, push the cart, capture and hold, etc... so most everyone should be able to manage to function reasonably well as a team with little direction. You can't do crafting with the trial so I wasn't able to tinker with that at all but it seems pretty simple, components drop in missions, blue prints come from pvp or are bought and you just click to combine.
I honestly don't think it's worth the price they are asking for the game, they really missed an opportunity with this game.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Global Agenda

Postby Valkyrie » Sun May 16, 2010 1:42 am

Trial doesnt let you do conquest, thats where the game lies.

Read up about it
''If Audrey was an Animal she would eat her young"-Rhonnin
The only bad vampire is a vampire out for your emotions
The Only Enforcer with a Naval Rank ^.^
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Next

Return to Other Games