World of tanks

Chat about other games.

Re: World of tanks

Postby Gunther » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:22 pm

I had the chance to fight in two battles this afternoon. I now have the 85mm Cannon on my T-28 and loving it. :D In the first fight, I was the smallest tank on the field. I took up a nice little hide spot and waited. Everyone on my side did. An American M3 popped out from the far side. He took one hit from someone further down the line to my left and was at 46%. I fired half a second later and finished him off. Then I made the mistake of not moving. I had two artillery rounds and two direct fire tank rounds fired from hidden vehicles all impact on me at once. [smilie=armata_pdt_02.gif]

In the second, fight, I was ranked #4 in the list of tanks on my team. It was the Cliff map. I ran off on the right side of the map, toward the lighthouse with three German Pzkw IIIs. I was out front and immediately hid in a bush. An American tank popped up over a hill in front of me, fired a round that missed and I had time to fire two rounds into it killing him. Then the other three tanks rolled up next to me and the four of us took ups positions on this plateau hiding behind rocks and shrubs. We found another tank at a distance peppering us and missing. We all took shots and I got the last shot and the KILL! [smilie=armata_pdt_06.gif] Then we charged forward, all four of us. Along the way, another smaller tank poppped out in front of me and I danced around with him. He hit me once dropping me to 80% but I shot him dead. :mrgreen: Then I kept seeing artillery landing around us, but since we were all moving, nothing hit us. Somehow, we lost two of our friends and we were up near their base with two arty pieces in the area. I charged up on one that had to move in order to re-orient its aimpoint. I hit it once to immobilize and got around to its right side, loaded HE and killed it. My last kill was a simultaneous kill and death for me. It was an artillery round and I had HE loaded. I took him out, but he took me out too. both rounds fired at the same time. We lost the fight because they capped our base. My partner in the Pzkw III was the last survivor on our team. I got 5 kills! that is the most I have had in that game. I love it when I am ranked near the top of the team. I hate it when the field is loaded with KVs, Tigers, M4A3 Shermans and others like that. I am ranked #15 and I know I am nothing more than cannon fodder.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:13 pm

I was in one earlier with mostly arty on both sides, once all the M3s and such were gone we all just sat there, it was pretty funny. 6 guys on both sides all artillery and all just waiting for the other side to move.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:48 am

rhonnin wrote:I was in one earlier with mostly arty on both sides, once all the M3s and such were gone we all just sat there, it was pretty funny. 6 guys on both sides all artillery and all just waiting for the other side to move.

If no one moves, it usually ends in a draw; no one wins.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:35 pm

I got the KV finally. That thing is very slow. If you have any advice on how to play it, please let me know. I usually just follow the other heavy tanks around. As it turns out, with my KV, I am always fighting M4A3 Shermans, KV-3s, IS-3s, & Tiger IIs. In the few games that I have played on my KV (~5) I am the bottom of the pack. So, I play more with my T-28 and dominate the maps. :D I had 3 kills in one game: all Artillery pieces. I load my T-28 with mostly AP ammo, 10 of the expensive AP rounds and 10 HE rounds. When engaging Artillery, if I use HE rounds, it is usually one shot = one kill. the armor is so thin that the HE round blows up after initial penetration. The AP rounds just pass through and the Arty can get another shot on me.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:39 am

With the KV it will be painful until you get the 107mm gun. That gun is really good and you can kill tanks a couple tiers above you. With the KV and 107m play like a sniper and stay back hidden. That gun is very accurate, good penetration and hits fairly hard. The big problem with the KV is that it is really bad at dueling for obvious reasons and once you get the turret upgrade it gets even worse. The traverse speed on the upgrade is so slow.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:22 am

For those who played this in the past it is a good time to try it again. They changed the physics engine so you can do stuff like drive off or push people off cliffs. The graphics are getting very nice, more tanks & maps added, different game modes and so on. I have been playing a bit lately and having a blast. My username is road for friend requests.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Yea, maybe try some Planetside 2 instead?
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Draconis » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:21 am

roadrunner wrote:For those who played this in the past it is a good time to try it again. They changed the physics engine so you can do stuff like drive off or push people off cliffs. The graphics are getting very nice, more tanks & maps added, different game modes and so on. I have been playing a bit lately and having a blast. My username is road for friend requests.

Installing again. My username is draconis73. Hope to see you in there!
Draconis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Other Games