World of tanks

Chat about other games.

Re: World of tanks

Postby Gunther » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 pm

I do like the game. I understand the part about upgrading the engine and tranny first. I have done taht right along. I'd rather be able to get out of a mess faster than I got into one rather than have a big gun that I can't hit anything with. I learned that lesson on the T46 with the 76mm gun. I recently switched to a 45mm and am having more kills. With the 76mm I spent too much time reloading and couldn't get the shots out fast enough. The T46 is quick and I can turn with an opponent keeping my sights on him in turns. The first two matches after I switched from the 76mm to the 45mm I had 2 kills in each of those two games. One of them I finished the game, by assisting to cap the enemy base with only 5 health left.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:59 am

Downloading client now.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunther » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:56 am

I had a fairly decent night last night in WoT. I normally go to bed around 11PM or 11:30 because the children get me up at 6:30 AM. Last night I went to bed after midnight.

So, I'm driving around in a Tier 4 tanks; the Russian T-46 with its 45mm cannon. My crew are all 100% trained. Most of the maps I get into are composed of Tier 4 - Tier 7 tanks. HEre are some observations I have noted...

1. The higher level tanks can kill me with one hit.
2. There is a lot of artillery and they will zero in on you after one or two shots.
3. I am faster than all of the Tier 7 tanks I have seen and most of the 5s and 6s.

I went toe to toe with a KV a few nights ago. All of my rounds bounced off his armor at a range of under 100 yards. He slowly traversed his turret on me and I'm throwing spitballs at him. Once his slow moving turret was on target, he unleashed one round. I believe I got off four shots before I died.

Last night, I went toe to toe with a Hetzer, a turret-less tank. The guy operating it was getting frustrated. I hit it 8 times before it died. He hit me 0. I was moving and jumping all over the place. He could not turn that chassis fast enough. Turret FTW!! :P

So the technique I have come up with is to race ahead of the pack and reveal locations of enemy armor. Then race back behind the safety of my team. I did this last night and found a KV, 2 ea. Pzkw IVs, and a Hetzer. Another T-46 was running with me and a friendly Hetzer was following us. The two smaller Russian tanks revealed the four enemy tanks. I made it back behind friendly T2 tank, KV, Pzkw IVs and the Hetzer. My buddy didn't fare so well. He may have tried to take on the bigger tanks one on one. I found his wrecked tank several moments later. Needless to say, my team's bigger tanks took out all the enemy tanks because they knew where they all were now. We were able to slide up on the enemy's base and cap it. Before it was all over, I took out an SPG sitting near the base.

In another fight, I went up the right side of the map and bumped into a T1 Heavy. I fired off one round which bounced off and ran. This time, I ran all the way back to base where two higher Tier SPGs were sitting. I continued on to the left side of the map and joined the rest of the team fighting in the woods on that side of the map. The T1 heavy chased me firing rounds blindly the whole time. He couldn't catch me or hit me. I suckered him right into the ambush laid by the two SPGs on our base. He was dead meat.

In another game, I was one of the larger tanks on the field. It was mostly Tier 2- 5 tanks. I got 3 kills in one game; the most I've had so far. I'm still about 80K away from getting the T28. You know I will upgrade the engine first. I like being the fastest tank on the map.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:36 pm

The T28 is fun. It is pretty fast so make sure you use it mobility against the heavy tanks. KVs hit like a truck but the turret is slow. If you circle them they can't hit you. A good KV driver will position himself so this is not possible but you can kill the bads that way.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:37 pm

So I am going with the U.S. tanks. So far the biggest problem is firepower. Most of the guns are pea shooters that have a hard time damaging even 1 tier above, light tanks. The exception was when I got a 75mm howitzer on the M2 med. The tank is shit but that cannon does some damage. Even against heavy tanks it makes an impact. However so far, my favorite tank is the M3 stuart. it is light and fast, cannon sucks but like Gunther said you just dip and dogde around finding enemy tanks and then run like hell. FYI, the M3 Lee is biggest pile so far. I would rather have a friggin T1 cunningham.

screen name is Hook0075
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Draconis » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:23 pm

I just installed this game and have had fun so far...screen name Draconis73. Look forward to seeing some of you in game.
Draconis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm

I spent about 8 hours with this last night, great fun. I was all excited when I was able to get the M3, I think running around the field bare ass is more effective than that thing though.
I loved my little T1 and her brave crew.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:02 pm

I think we can create platoons and queue together for games. I have never tried that functionality yet and will take a look when I get home. My toon name is road
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:18 pm

I added everyone who's posted to my contacts, I don't know if you get a notice or something. My name is Rhonnin there.
I tried making a private chat channel when both Rangerr and Draconis were on but it doesn't seem like you can invite more than one person to the channel.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Draconis » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:08 pm

I did not notice your chat request until you logged off. Does not notify very well. Though if you create a channel and post it here we all can join it. I have all the names that posted as well. Think I only have 3 names.
Draconis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games