Defiance

Chat about other games.

Defiance

Postby duskguy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 pm

i will be keeping an eye on this game. looks like borderlands mixed with guild wars to me. guys making it are the people who made rift. could be interesting, could be crap. i;ll be watching to see if i want it or not, but after Aliens colonial marines, i hesitate to jump at a new game.

link to the website is: http://www.defiance.com/en/
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Defiance

Postby Aetherfox » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:47 am

After ACM....All set with anything "new". I'll take a more wait and see stance. For now, you'll see me more on PS2. With the news of server merges i'm i bit happier.
Aetherfox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby duskguy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 am

yeah, game doesnt come out till april, so there is still some time to get more looks at it. will also see if i cant get into the beta or alpha to test it out as well.

looks like borderlands, is bought and paid for like guildwars, but behaves similar to rift in that its mostly pve rather than pvp, although there is pvp in the game.

as for planetside, i wont be on this weekend, although i will likely gravitate back towards that since i finished acm campaign, and none of you are really interested in it.

as for defiance, some videos/links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... FWWW4j65jk
shows the coop possibilities of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 30hfNT_uf4
live action trailer for the game

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/20/de ... h-defiance
1 hour video of them playing/talking about the game on the xbox

i figure if it looks that decent on xbox, it cant be so bad looking on PC. but again, still holding out till around last minute to even consider preordering or just waiting for post release purchase.
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:28 pm

I was in the betas for Rift and End of Nations so hopefully I'll get into this one too. Been registered since they first opened apps last year. Rift came out awesome so I have plenty of confidence this will be too, this is a definite buy for me. Plus it has a TV show going along with it that will have some crossover with the game.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Aetherfox » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Yeah, I see the ads for it all the time...Least ill check out the show :P
Aetherfox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby duskguy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:55 pm

rhonnin wrote:I was in the betas for Rift and End of Nations so hopefully I'll get into this one too. Been registered since they first opened apps last year. Rift came out awesome so I have plenty of confidence this will be too, this is a definite buy for me. Plus it has a TV show going along with it that will have some crossover with the game.

yeah, i will probably get it, but whether i get it preorder, collector edition, or post release, i dont know. afterall, they could end up messing some things up that need some fixes. also want to see info on their DLC. because being on all systems, as a PC player, i dont want to wait for consoles to get the OK for release.

what version do you plan on getting Rhonnin? standard, deluxe, or the ultimate, and Digital or hard copy?

the game being released slightly earlier is supposed to be a lead in for the show. and then characters leaving the show will enter the game and game characters move over to the show. in an interview, they said they would consider changing what happens in the show based on the game, and vice versa, would change the game's settings and stuff based on the show's progression. such as an arc fall going wrong in the game being referenced in the show like "over in xxx the arc hunters suffered a major defeat" type of thing.

i think that being multi-platform and a show, the game should have plenty of funding so long as they keep the show going. but they mentioned a cash shop.... which i am a bit worried about. they mentioned it would only be for experience boosts, and such, but things can escalate from there easily.

if you want some free in game stuff, check out these two links:
defiance EGO upgrade page- http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego
spreadsheet with all the found codes for EGO upgrades- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... OS2c#gid=2
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:12 pm

I probably wont decide with edition I'll be buying until I actually go to pre-order. I'm signed up to test for both xbox and PC, I'm primarily looking at PC but I'm not above springing for both so I can play on the comfy couch with 60" screen sometimes.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:43 pm

i'll only get it for PC. with new consoles coming out in a year or less, paying for a live subscription + the game would be overkill, especially since for the same price i could basically get the most expensive version if i wanted to.

i was looking at the digital deluxe at best, standard if nothing else; need an actual pve mmo (planetside covers my pvp needs), and a shooter makes it better.

applied for the beta and alpha... only time will tell whether i can get a spot or not. tried looking into guilds/clans/outfits, w/e they call them but all the PC players seem to be in game, so all you tend to see are console guilds. likely wont be too important in the beginning, but having a group of friends never hurts, especially since they say the missions and such scale up in difficulty and rewards based on the number of players in the area.
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:20 pm

I think we are more likely looking at a year before the first delay in the release of next gen systems. I doubt we'll see one before the end of 2014. Except maybe another Nintendo attempt but they don't count anymore.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm

rhonnin wrote:I think we are more likely looking at a year before the first delay in the release of next gen systems. I doubt we'll see one before the end of 2014. Except maybe another Nintendo attempt but they don't count anymore.

sony plans to release their new console this holiday season... not sure why they just dont call it december... but yeah.

anyway, i dont want to pay a sub for xbox + game + w/e else turns up.
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Other Games