Board and card Gaming

Chat about other games.

Board and card Gaming

Postby rhonnin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Anyone use http://www.vassalengine.org/, http://www.octgn.net/, or http://roll20.net/? I remember Gunther tried to get something going a couple years ago.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Board and card Gaming

Postby Aetherfox » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 am

Roll20 looks badass. Maybe a replacement for Maptools.
Aetherfox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby rhonnin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Roll20 is pretty awesome. If you're on google+ it can use the hangout feature for video chat.
Oh yea, and sorry for missing the trial run Saturday, we didn't get home from errands until after 10:00, I didn't even look at the computer to see the IMs until sunday night.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Aetherfox » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Was just talken to Brett about Roll20, and it seems he's been checking it out as well. Might have to give it a try. And no worries for last Sat, it was just a trial night. Game start date is 3/23 @ 7est. The time might change the date is set :)
Aetherfox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Gunther » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:49 am

I played Scenario 1 of Squad Leader against demonseed on Vassal one day. He won the game. It was a close game. I played the Germans, he played the Soviets. The scenario is a Stalingrad - Tractor Works factory fight. I haven't done that in quite some time. I remember we were using Ventrilo or Teamspeak to talk through our moves. Someone popped into our room to see how things were going, but didn't see the usual clutter of text between opponents. He asked why we weren't talking to each other. Had to tell him about the voice comms we were using. Maybe that was advanced technology for most vassal players? Or do they use VOIP now?
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Aetherfox » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:09 am

Playing Pathfinder on Maptools we allways used vent. Geeee im flashing back to when i started online paper and pen games. We use to use a online markerboard. Never worked quite right, but it got the job done :)
Aetherfox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby rhonnin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:21 pm

I initially installed vassal way back to play Battletech and Panzer General. I haven't actually used it in probably 2 years but it is awesome for those kinds of games. I recently discovered OCTGN while looking for something to play Android: Netrunner and the Call of Cthulhu living card game on and it seems to be a great tool for card and board games.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Other Games