Vehicles and Equipment

Chat about other games.

Vehicles and Equipment

Postby Gunther » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:04 am

OK, Road, outstanding website, I added that to my favorites.
You must have seen my PM on organizations. This kind of adds to it. I wrote that based upon Real World Experience. I have some tactics we could employ as well.

CAN WE GET BATTLEFIELD FORUMS SET UP IN HERE?
1. Battlefield 2 Outfit Forums
2. Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (a how to do certain things in game)

I have a bunch of stuff to add to the TTPs forum.

I haven't seen the Claymore mines yet. who carries those? the Engineer? if so, I say let everyone carry a few of those around.

Vehicles:
I've had the opportunity to improve my flying skills. I can take off with a UH-60 fly it to the first friendly bases, land and take off again. I took it over the enemy base and my gunner's strafed the ground positions. I got killed by small arms fire but someone else in the helicopter was able to jump in the pilot's seat and get her safely out of the area.

APCs:
LAV-25: USMC 8-Wheel drive vehicle that will swim in the ocean. I drove it to the Carrier. It's primary weapon is a 25mm Bushmaster chain gun. Slow cyclic rate and barrel heats up quick. Fire 5-9 round bursts and allow the barrel to cool a tad before pulling the trigger again. two Turret mounted TOW missle Launchers. Reload time is slow but it takes too many missle to take out a tank. I think it is around 5 or 6 missles.

BTR-70: Russian built 8-wheel vehicle mounts a 12.7mm Machine Gun
Should swim. haven't tried it out yet

M1: Tracked Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV) mounts a 120mm Main gun with a 7.62mm coaxial MG. Tank Commander (TC) has a cupola mounted .50 cal MG on top of turret.

T-90: Tracked Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV) mounts a 120mm Main gun with a 7.62mm coaxial MG. Tank Commander (TC) has a cupola mounted .50 cal MG on top of turret.

FAV: Fast Assault Vehicle looks like a dune buggy mounts a .50 CAL MG on top and a M249 SAW 5.56 mm MG in pass seat. Its strength is its speed. Its weakness its its lack of armored protection slow down for nothing. keep moving and strafe. Use it for firing platform at great distances in stationary mode or move quickly upon your oponent and dismount on the objective and engage with SA (Small Arms).

HMMWV: 4- wheeled utility vehicle mounts a .50 cal on top and room for 2 passengers in back.

UH-60 Blackhawk: A great Utility Helicopter. Seats 6 including Pilot and 2 gunners. Armed with two door mounted 20mm rotary guns. These are a very high cyclic rate and pack a huge punch. I took out a few RB-15s in the water while flying toward the land.

AH-1: The USMC still uses the Cobra for its Attack Helicopter. It is versatile and has several weapons systems available. I can't fly this bad boy yet. Why not the AH-64 Apache?

Mi-24 Hind-D: Russian built Attack Helicopter. I have not yet flown the one in game. In Real Life it is heavily armored and carries room for 8 Infantry soldiers as well as Pilot and WSO. this Helo mounts a chin 20mm rotary gun and several AtoG missles. this is a tremendous threat to USMC forces in game.

MiG-29 Fulcrum: One of the Superior Fighter Interceptors of the Cold War. land based Aircraft

AV-8 Harrier: USMC VTOL aircraft which allows it to land anywhere with a clearing. Very vesatile and great for the Marines.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jediknight » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:14 pm

I want to specialize in Vehicle's.I'm not much into infantry stuff.
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Return to Other Games