Who here is watching the NBA playoffs?

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Postby BCoop » Mon May 22, 2006 7:38 pm

Go Heat & Clippers!
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Mon May 22, 2006 7:50 pm

First off i want to give props to Cleveland. They did much more in the playoffs then anyone thought they would and the took the #1 seed to 7 hards games.
I'm rooting, as i stated in another topic, for the Mavs.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby McGuyver » Mon May 22, 2006 9:14 pm

The Pistons are still in it, Go Stones!!! O.K. I'll check back again in June.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby Droxor » Tue May 23, 2006 3:00 pm

Cavs taking Pistons to 7 sent signals. . .signals such as the Heat have > 40% chance of beating them.

Mavs have no one to stop them in the west now. . .

Looks like Droxor's pre-season predictions of Heat Mavs Championship might be right after all :D

Call me now for your free reading!
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Tue May 23, 2006 3:37 pm

Even if you don't like basketball the Mavs/Spurs series was one of the best in terms of excitement in a playoff series for any sport.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Tue May 23, 2006 6:12 pm

Very true Road. That should go down as one of the all time greats. I doubt it will cause it was in the semi's, but it was awesome to watch.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Wed May 24, 2006 10:22 am

It shouldn't of gone to game 7, game 1 was a rip off by the Refs, Dirk was clearly fouled with 5 seconds left (twice even) and they didn't call stuff.

*RANT TIME*
I understand the Refs wanna call a fair game. . .and then they have been told to lay off in the final minutes. . .but bull shit like game 1 cannot be allowed. Fouls like that not only make it impossible to play, but could end up in a serious injury. . .use common sense.

I also have seen the "Shaq Factor" with the refs. . .AKA he gets more pussy calls than any other players combined. He turns. . .foul. . .he steps back. . .foul. Where as Bruce Bowen can elbow, slap and mangle and get away clean. I don't care WHAT anyone says. . .the league's refs have a negative feeling towards Shaq, and it definetly shows up in their calls.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Thu May 25, 2006 1:44 pm

Droxor wrote:It shouldn't of gone to game 7, game 1 was a rip off by the Refs, Dirk was clearly fouled with 5 seconds left (twice even) and they didn't call stuff.

*RANT TIME*
I understand the Refs wanna call a fair game. . .and then they have been told to lay off in the final minutes. . .but bull shit like game 1 cannot be allowed. Fouls like that not only make it impossible to play, but could end up in a serious injury. . .use common sense.

I also have seen the "Shaq Factor" with the refs. . .AKA he gets more pussy calls than any other players combined. He turns. . .foul. . .he steps back. . .foul. Where as Bruce Bowen can elbow, slap and mangle and get away clean. I don't care WHAT anyone says. . .the league's refs have a negative feeling towards Shaq, and it definetly shows up in their calls.

I don't think that it's because they don't like him. I think that it's just cause he's such a big guy they automatically assume that every time he bumps someone its a foul.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Locker Room