hmm no football threads

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

hmm no football threads

Postby roadrunner » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:01 am

:roll:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:30 pm

Notre Dame will beat Penn St. even though they are overrated.
Ohio State will beat Texas in a very close game.

Pro football doesn't count as a sport, not worth watching a bunch of over overgrown children piss and moan because they are making multi-million dollars, but because that guy is making an extra 100,000 grand a year i won't play this week. Boo-fucking-hoo.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunther » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:14 pm

Rangerr wrote:Pro football doesn't count as a sport, not worth watching a bunch of over overgrown children piss and moan because they are making multi-million dollars, but because that guy is making an extra 100,000 grand a year i won't play this week. Boo-fucking-hoo.

Deion Branch thinks that he can hold out from the Patriots for more money. I guess his coupld of million dollars a year wasn't good enough for him. He saw Richar Seymour get away with it last year and he saw David Givens go to Tennessee and sign a more lucrative deal. Why shouldn't an MVP winner make more money? I'm sorry, Deion I do not feel sorry for you. Suck it up and get in the game like a man.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Pilsner » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:26 pm

I just started law school and have been busting my ass to make sure I have a chance of watching some games this weekend.
Pilsner
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Gunther » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:39 am

As a kid in the 70's there were always two teams that were the worst in the NFL. They were the New England Patriots and the Baltimore Colts. I've always been a pats fan, but why waste effort on a team that goes 2-14 consistently. I remember going to a Jets game at Foxboro once and the pats won. It was one of two games they won that year. In the mid to late 70's I was a Cowboys fan. Who could beat Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Drew Pearson. They were the best. In the mid 80's after I came home from Germany, the pats made a drive for the Super Bowl only to be blasted out of the water by McMahon, "Refrigerator" Perry and the Chicago Bears 40-3. Now that's the kind of sports New England fans are accustomed to with the Boston Red Sox. Finally in the 1990's when Bill Parcells showed up and started changing things around, the Pats started snapping and popping. Drew Bledsoe was dynamite under Parcells. He has talent and skill but lacks discipline. Parcells gave it to him. once the tuna left, Bledsoe lost his discipline and fell apart. On that note, watch the Cowboys this year. But back to the Pats. It wasn't until one of Parcell's students, Belichek took over that they started kicking serious butt. But what really amazes me is the the two worst teams in the NFL 30 years ago are two of the finest today. Although the Colts had a good start in the late 60's they quickly went down hill the 70's. They've finally come into their own. let's see what they can do. I did follow the Packers in the 1990's when Brett Favre showed up. I used to work with a guy named Mitch Chmura from Deerfield and his brother Mark was a Tight End for the Pack then. I followed Mark Chmura when he played for BC too. I used to read about him in the local papers when he was in High School. Mark played QB then but he could play any position at the high school level. I'd say it's time for Favre to call it quits. His time has come and gone and he had some good ones. I guess I've rambled on and on now. out.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:11 pm

Gunther i have to say that was a good read and very interesting.
And i'll get to making my football threads here soon. You all know that i do that.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Locker Room