A Safety

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

A Safety

Postby Gunther » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:11 am

Both Tom Brady and I were surprised at the speed and agility of the enhanced Buffalo Bills Defense. Those guys fired right into the Pats backfield with a blitz on the opening play causing Brady to drop the ball and for Buffalo to score a TD. I guess the Season has begun.

I'm sure the NE locker room at halftime was loud and tense with Belichek letting into those guys--17-7 at the half. But the second half and 4th quarter is normally Belichek's time to shine. They won the damn game when Junior Seau, Mike Vrabel and Wilfork (DT) sacked the Buffalo QB in the end Zone. How many times does an NFL player actually get to see a safety let alone have it be the winning 2 points of the game.

This reminds of 2001-2002, 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 seasons when just about every game New England won was a close one and they still made it to the Super Bowl to win. Something Payton Manning couldn't do even though his offense scored the most points in NFL (except in Foxboro). :twisted:
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:02 am

I have to give the Pat's credit. . .but as I stated last year, they will never win another super bowl as long as Tom Brady is their QB (nothing against Brady. . .that's just how long it's gonna be until they see it.)

Of coarse my Chiefs are in worse condition than almost anyone else. 3 years ago we were close to undefeated. . .and lost in the playoffs due to sevral key injuries. . .now we're the laughing stock of the league
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:35 am

Droxor wrote:I have to give the Pat's credit. . .but as I stated last year, they will never win another super bowl as long as Tom Brady is their QB (nothing against Brady. . .that's just how long it's gonna be until they see it.)

That reminds me of another famous quote.
"These buildings were meant to stand forever. No force in this world could ever tear them down." -- Mayor Ed Koch, giving a Speach to the assembled businessmen in downtonw NYC about the World Trade Center in 1986.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:41 am

Sic transit gloria mundi.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Locker Room