Fantasy Football Week #12

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Fantasy Football Week #12

Postby Gunther » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:44 am

Week 12 of the Enforcers FF league

Wow! The Saints are indeed, all that!

We go into the final week of our fantasy football league with three teams tied for third place. They are the Boston Eagles, San Diego Dread Pirates and Morgan Raiders. As you may know, the top four teams will advance to the Winner’s play off bracket. The bottom four teams will be in the Consolation Bracket. This means that it is still anyone’s game. Anyone of the eight teams can still pull it off.

The battle for the #3 and #4 spot in the Winner’s bracket is still up for grabs because this next week, the Boston Eagles face off against the Morgan Raiders. You can feel the tension in the air. If San Diego wins, then whoever wins the game between Morgan and Boston will get the fourth spot. But, if San Diego loses and Morgan loses, whichever of those teams have scored the most points overall will get the fourth spot. If San Diego loses and Morgan Wins, whoever has the most points between San Diego and Boston gets the fourth Spot.

The excitement is palpable.

Boston Eagles upset the fan favorite Bubble Boys 106 – 90. Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB, completed 28 of 39 for 348 yards giving the Boston Eagles 23 FF points. Antonio Gates, SD, TE, had 7 receptions for 118 yards and 2 TDs giving the Bubble Boys 23 FF points.

Doh!

The Toledo Dobermans upset the favored San Diego Dread Pirates 121 – 115. This was a closely contested match. Prior to the Monday night game, San Diego was up by 19 points. Toledo pulled off the win. Even with the efforts of the aged Brett Favre, MIN, QB, with 32 completions of 48 attempts for 392 yards and 3 TDs giving San Diego 27 FF Points, they failed to seal the deal. Ironically, it was the Packers’ Defense and Special Teams that acquired the most FF points (22) for Toledo to assist them with their victory.

I couldn’t get used to seeing him in a Jets uniform and this purple does him no justice either. I can only picture him in Packers green and yellow.

Morgan Raiders pounded the bottom feeding Kansas City Sad Chiefs 95 – 58. The Sad Chiefs must be vying for a First Round draft pick next year. Chris Johnson, TEN, RB, had 18 carries for 154 yards and 1 TD giving Morgan 24 FF points. Pierre Thomas, NO, RB, had 11 carries for 64 yards giving Kansas City 14 FF Points.

This guy is quickly becoming a regular in this weekly Fantasy Football column.

San Francisco NorfolkinChance beat the Maine iacs 104 – 82. Drew Brees, NO, QB, gave an outstanding performance with only 18 completions of 23 attempts for 371 yards and 5 TDs! Giving San Francisco 34 FF Points. Drew Brees scored 3 TDs in the 2nd Quarter alone. This is the most TDs scored against a Bill Belicheck coached team ever. The Chargers Defense and Special Teams provided the Maine iacs with 18 FF Points.

The Enforcers player of the week for Week #12 is:

Drew Brees, NO, QB

Standings
1 SF Norfolkin... 9-3 1171 points
2 Bubble Boys 8-4 1130 points
3 Boston Eagles 7-5 1237 points
4 San Diego Dr... 7-5 1163 points
5 Morgan Raiders 7-5 1131 points
6 Toledo Dober... 5-7 1128 points
7 Maine iacs 3-9 1103 points
8 Kansas City ... 2-10 897 points
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby luvpeebo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:04 pm

Damn me for playing against Marques Colston. Grrr.
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Fantasy Football Week #12

Postby Droxor » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:36 am

Gunther wrote:The Sad Chiefs must be vying for a First Round draft pick next year.

My friend Al Davis told me I still get a % of the league income even if my team sucks, it was at that point I decided to kick back and enjoy the weekly articles and watch the Fantasy Money roll in.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Locker Room