PC Upgrade - thoughts?

This is the place to ask for help or discuss the latest in technology

Moderator: redwarrior666

Re: PC Upgrade - thoughts?

Postby lavishnu » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Omg newer type post. good to see some of you alive and well. and hopes for the ps2 to be good and soon. gl on your upgrade road
lavishnu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby roadrunner » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:39 am

I can't express how much of a benefit going to SSD has been. Fast booting and huge improvements in both loading of games and overall performance.

I am going to upgrade the video card next but I may hold off on MB/CPU/Memory for a bit as things are flying right now.

BTW Floobie, do you have any general tips for a SSD in terms of Win 7 settings that I may want to change. Any utilities that I should use?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby McGuyver » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:39 pm

That's a hefty SSD road, I love the upgrade I wish I had your money. I like it all but the PSU and I always buy ASUS MOB's. I've got the same SSD as Floobie and just love win7 on it.

Looks like a real nice build, I hope you enjoy it when PS 2 comes out. If it really comes out I will have to build a new rig for it :D
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby jediknight » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm

So No one heard of Intels Recall? http://www.fudzilla.com/motherboard/ite ... $1-billion also new faster ssd's are around the corner I wouldnt buy now.
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Postby FloobieDoobie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Road, Win7 is usually good out of the box. Just make sure that you're running it in AHCI not IDE (setting in bios). Also firmware upgrade to latest from the manufacturer.
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby roadrunner » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 am

Thanks Floobie. I checked and I was still in IDE mode. For firmware are you talking about the MB bios or the firmware of the SSD?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to Tech Corner