Vanguard MMO

Chat about other games.

Vanguard MMO

Postby roadrunner » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:03 am

I played this many years ago when it was first released. At the time is was actually a pretty good game just laggy and full of bugs. It is now Free to Play so for those who may be bored it might be something to try for a few weeks.

http://www.vanguardthegame.com/

I loaded it back up and will try out my level 44 cleric to see if it plays any better.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Vanguard MMO

Postby rhonnin » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:17 pm

I think it's free to play in the same way EQ2 is free to play, only to level 20.
I am also considering loading it back up, when sony took it over they squashed a lot of bugs but also made some gameplay changes that were unpopular. It was felt they were dumbing it down and it was just going to be another EQ2
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Vanguard MMO

Postby roadrunner » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:31 pm

You can actually level some of the classes to max. There are some restrictions like what gear you can wear, bag space, currency cap, ... but you can reach max level.

I played it a little bit and it is not as buggy as I remember but it is a little laggy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Other Games