Kerbal Space Program

Chat about other games.

Kerbal Space Program

Postby Tackalt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Pretty cool game. Already bought it after playing the demo for a few hours...devs update the game every few weeks or so with major additions and causes me to play for a few more hours each time. It's not done, so it's fairly basic right now, but I love it.

bout Kerbal Space Program

Kerbal Space Program is a multi-genre game where the players create their own space program.

In KSP, you must build a space-worthy craft, capable of flying its crew out into space, without killing them. At your disposal is a collection of parts, which must be assembled to create a functional ship. Each part has its own function and will affect the way a ship flies (or doesn't). So strap yourself in, and get ready to try some Rocket Science!

Main Features:

The Vehicle Assembly Building allows players to build spacecraft out of any imaginable combination of parts.
Fully-fledged, Physics-based Flight Simulation ensures everything will fly (and crash) as it should.
Take your Kerbal crew out of the ship and do Extra Vehicular Activities
Procedural Terrain delivers detailed terrain at a vast scale. The Kerbal Planet is 600km in radius!
Mod-enabled, allows players to create new content and modify the game.
Ship systems. Keep an eye out for engine temperatures and fuel levels, and try not to explode.
Build ships with multiple stages, and jettison parts away as they burn out.
Full control over the staging sequence allows for complex ships and advanced functionality.
Planned Features:

Take on Missions to attract interest in your Space Program. Or use the Mission Planner to create your own missions.
Manage your Space Program. Hire astronauts, train them, research and improve parts.
Fly out to Moons and other Planets
Build Space Stations, and surface bases on other worlds.
And a whole lot more!
KSP is still under development, so many things are not yet as they should be. We are working hard to be constantly improving the game however, and it will be regularly updated with bug fixes and new content, so make sure to check back for new versions. We are also always listening to feedback from the players, and we welcome ideas and suggestions.

Currently the game is being built as an open sandbox. There are no objectives yet. You're free to build anything you can think of, and fly it wherever you want, even into orbit.

The first versions are free to download and play, and will remain so forever. During development, the game is available for purchase at a discounted price, which we will gradually increase up to its final retail price as the game nears completion. So by ordering early, you get the game for a lot less, and you'll get all future updates for free.

Have Fun!

-- The KSP Team

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/download.php
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Re: Kerbal Space Program

Postby Denuo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Oh, I didn't realize they came out with 0.18. I'll have to try it during my planetside 2 downtime.
Denuo
Private
Private

Re: Kerbal Space Program

Postby betasoldier » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 am

I love this game. So many great things to do in it. Helps me fill my time. PS2 crashes too much for me till I can afford to get a new computer in a few months.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Return to Other Games